Clinical Value of a Combined Anti-Ischemic and Anticholinergic Substance With Antidepressant Properties
- amitriptyline hydrochloride. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p53
The article provides information on amitriptyline hydrochloride, an antidepressant of the tricyclic class. It has quite marked sedative properties, which may be of benefit to agitated or violent patients. Along with other members of this class, it has pronounced anticholinergic side-effects. It...
- What prevents relapse best. Cohen, Sharon; Doheny, Kathleen; Bloomquist, Michele // Shape;Sep2003, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p90
Reports on benefits of taking antidepressants for a year or longer.
- From the editors. // Nature Reviews Neuroscience;
Deals with the efficacy of antidepressants. Prevalence of depression; History of the development of the first antidepressant drug Iproniazid; Side effects of antidepressants.
- ACP treatment guideline for antidepressants. Elliott, William T. // Travel Medicine Advisor;Jan2008 Supplement, p2
The article discusses a guideline issued by the American College of Physicians on the use of "second-generation antidepressants." The group recommends that antidepressants should be chosen on the basis of negative effect, cost and patient option. Further recommendations by the group include that...
- Effects of 5-HT6 receptor blockade on the neurochemical outcome of antidepressant treatment in the frontal cortex of the rat. Dawson, L. A.; Li, P. // Journal of Neural Transmission;Jun2003, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p577
Summary. Using in vivo microdialysis in the freely moving rat we have examined the effects of 5-HT6 receptor antagonism on the neurochemical outcome of antidepressant treatment. Acute administration of both desipramine (10 mg/kg s.c.) and venlafaxine (10 mg/kg s.c.) produced a 2 fold increase in...
- InÂ vivo Effect of Antidepressants on [3H]paroxetine Binding to Serotonin Transporters in Rat Brain. Subhash Nadgir; Manish Malviya // Neurochemical Research;Nov2008, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p2250
AbstractÂ Â Amine transporters are major target for development of various pharmacological agents to treat behavioral disorders. Serotonin transporters (SERT) have been implicated in the etiology of depression and drugs acting on SERT can be effective in treating depression. The aim of the...
- The Bitterest Pill. // Vogue;Apr2014, Vol. 204 Issue 4, p190
The author reports on her struggle dealing with anxiety and depression. She says that she was dependent on Klonopin, a benzodiazepine, one of a family of antianxiety medications, as a long-term treatment for anxiety. The U.S. National Alliance on Mental Illness warns that physical dependency on...
- PUMPED UP ON PROZAC? McCook, Alison // Discover;Nov2003, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the research conducted by scientists to determine how Prozac and other antidepressant drug work. Theory on the mechanism of action of the drug; Analysis of brain images.
- Meta-analysis of Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) Compared to Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs) in the Efficacy and Safety of Anti-depression Therapy in Parkinson's Disease(PD) Patients. Bao-Yue Qiu; Jun-Xiao Qiao; Jiang Yong // Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1213
To assess the efficacy and safety of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors(SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants(TCAs) in treatment of Parkinsonian depression. A computer-based search was conducted in the databases of PUBMED, MEDLINE, EMBASE and CochraneControlled Trails Register up to December...