Effects of Antiarrhythmic Agents on Cardiac Function
- PAPAVERINE AS AN ANTIARRHYTHMIC AGENT. Whipple, Gerald H. // Angiology;Nov1977, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p737
Suggests a chain of events, originating in the clinical experience with papaverine as a vasodilating agent, which may explain the relative lack of attention paid to papaverine as an antiarrhythmic agent. Speculations and suggestions about how papaverine might best be used in antiarrhythmia...
- CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE (Part X). Dreifus, Leonard S. // Angiology;Jan1975 Part 2, Vol. 26, p148
Examines the effect of Norpace therapy among patients with cardiovascular related diseases. Medical history of the patients; Implications of the therapy for patients with premature ventricular systoles; Indications of ventricular premature systoles.
- CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE (Part XI). Nisbet, Thomas // Angiology;Jan1975 Part 2, Vol. 26, p149
Examines the effect of antiarrhythmic drugs on patients with cardiovascular related diseases. Medical history of the patients; Symptoms of premature ventricular contractions; Implications of Norpace medication for patients with significant arrhythmias.
- CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE (Part IX). Oshrain, Carl // Angiology;Jan1975 Part 2, Vol. 26, p146
Compares the effect of Norpace-Quinidine Double Blind and Norpace-Placebo among patients with cardiovascular related diseases. Difference between the indications of patients on Norpace and Quinidine; Occurence of moderately severe constipation of the patients; Importance of the blood level data...
- CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE. Fowler, Noble O. // Angiology;Jan1975 Part 2, Vol. 26, p154
Focuses on the observation of the efficacy and toxicity of Norpace therapy among patients with cardiovascular related diseases. Determination of the drug levels following the administration of antiarrhythmic agent; Implications of antiarrhythmic agents for patients with 1st degree block;...
- CLINICAL STUDIES OF NORPACE (Part III). Kalmansohn, Robert G. // Angiology;Jan1975 Part 2, Vol. 26, p137
Examines the effectiveness of Norpace therapy among patients who had been on antiarrhythmic agents. Indications of toxicity in anticholinergic effects; Medical history of the patients; Use of oral Norpace in controlling ventricular tachycardia.
- SimvastatÄ±n improves endothelial function in patents with subclinical hypothyroidism. Duman, Dursun; Sahin, Sinan; Esertas, Kenan; Demirtunc, Refik // Heart & Vessels;Mar2007, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p88
Patients with subclinical hypothyroidism (SCH) have impaired endothelial function probably related to dyslipidemia. The present study compares the effects of simvastatin versus levothyroxine (LT-4) treatment on lipid profile and endothelial function in patients with SCH. Fifty-nine patients with...
- Valsartan an alternative to ACE inhibitor in high-risk MI. // Geriatrics;Jan2004, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p45
Focuses on the results of a clinical trial on the angiotensin receptor blocker valsartan known as Valsartan in Acute Myocardial Infarction (VALIANT). Background on the clinical trial; Effectiveness of valsartan.
- Literature Review: CORONARY ARTERY DISEASE--DRUG USE. // Current Medical Literature: Interventional Cardiology Monitor;2004, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p52
Presents the abstracts of research papers on drugs for coronary artery disease published in various journals.