THE PROBLEM OF THE CORONARY CHANGES DUE TO DISTURBANCE OF VASCULAR WALL PERMEABILITY
- Can troponin levels diagnose an MI? // Pulse;6/16/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 24, p104
Focuses on the use of troponins as indicators of myocardial necrosis. Accuracy of troponins in identifying myocardial necrosis; Use of troponin in conjunction with appropriate clinical features and electrocardiographic changes.
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha antagonism protects from myocardial inflammation and fibrosis in experimental diabetic cardiomyopathy. Westermann, Dirk; Linthout, Sophie Van; Dhayat, Sameer; Dhayat, Nasser; Schmidt, Andre; Noutsias, Michel; Song, Xi-Yong; Spillmann, Frank; Riad, Alexander; Schultheiss, Heinz-Peter; Tschöpe, Carsten // Basic Research in Cardiology;Nov2007, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p500
To investigate the effect of anti-cytokine-based therapy in the course of diabetic cardiomyopathy, we performed a study using an anti-TNF-Î± monoclonal antibody treatment (mab) in Sprague male Dawley (SD) rats with streptozotocin-induced diabetic cardiomyopathy. Five days after streptozotocin...
- 103 Progression of dilated cardiomyopathy due to LMNA mutation is associated with tumor necrosis factor alpha expression. Treatment with N-acetylcysteine. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2005, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p23
An abstract of the study "Progression of dilated cardiomyopathy due to LMNA mutation is associated with tumor necrosis factor alpha expression. Treatment with N-acetylcysteine," by C. Adamy et al, is presented.
- Dysferlin-mediated membrane repair protects the heart from stress-induced left ventricular injury. Han, Renzhi; Bansal, Dimple; Miyake, Katsuya; Muniz, Viviane P.; Weiss, Robert M.; McNeil, Paul L.; Campbell, Kevin P. // Journal of Clinical Investigation;Jul2007 Supplement, Vol. 117, p1805
Dilated cardiomyopathy is a life-threatening syndrome that can arise from a myriad of causes, but predisposition toward this malady is inherited in many cases. A number of inherited forms of dilated cardiomyopathy arise from mutations in genes that encode proteins involved in linking the...
- Inhibition of Superoxide Generation and Associated Nitrosative Damage Is Involved in Metallothionein Prevention of Diabetic Cardiomyopathy. Lu Cai; Jianxun Wang; Yan Li; Xuihua Sun; Lipeng Wang; Zhanxiang Zhou; Kang, Y. James // Diabetes;Jun2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p1829
The mechanisms of metallothionein prevention of diabetic cardiomyopathy are largely unknown. The present study was performed to test whether inhibition of nitrosative damage is involved in metallothionein prevention of diabetic cardiomyopathy. Cardiac-specific metallothionein-overexpressing...
- Factors Affecting Axillary Lymph Node Metastases in Patients with T[sub1] Breast Carcinoma. Markopoulos, Christos; Kouskos, Efstratios; Gogas, Helen; Mandas, Dimitrios; Kakisis, John; Gogas, John // American Surgeon;Nov2000, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p1011
The purpose of this study was to determine factors associated with the incidence of axillary lymph node metastases (ALNM) in T[sub 1] tumors and cases in which axillary dissection could be omitted. Data from 195 patients with T[sub 1] primary invasive breast cancer (size less than or equal to 2...
- Dilated cardiomyopathy and thrombo-embolism. G�nthard, J.; Stocker, F.; Bolz, D.; J�ggi, E.; Ghisla, R.; Oberh�nsli, I.; Wyler, F. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1997, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p3
The purpose of this study was to investigate the incidence, outcome and prevention of thrombo-embolism in children with dilated cardiomyopathy. From 130 patients with dilated cardiomyopathy, 17 (14%) showed evidence of thrombo-embolism. Seven had initial cardiac thrombus, 7 exhibited initial...
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Coile, D. Caroline // Dog World;Dec99, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p38
Examines the development, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of dilated cardiomyopathy, one of the most serious cardiac diseases among canines.
- Activities & Oddities. Chiang, Mona // Science World;11/3/2003, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p21
Presents information on dialated cardiomyopathy, an enlargement of the human heart.