Abortion foes stall Sacher confirmation
Tags: SATCHER, David, 1941-
- David Satcher, M.D., is confirmed as Surgeon General. Sweeney, Rosemarie; Rose, Verna L. // American Family Physician;03/01/98, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p917
Reports on the confirmation of David Satcher, medical doctor, as Surgeon General and Assistant Secretary of Health, by the Senate on February 10, 1998. Insight on organizations which Stacher belong to; Comments made by Neil H. Brooks, medical doctor, and the president of the American Academy of...
- Clinton wants Satcher as surgeon general. // AHA News;09/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 37, p3
Reports on President Bill Clinton's nomination of David Satcher to the positions of surgeon general and Health and Human Services assistant secretary for health.
- Satcher nomination draws praise. Dervarics, Charles // Black Issues in Higher Education;10/30/97, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p6
Presents information on David Satcher, former president of Meharry Medical College and director of the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention, was nominated for the next United States Surgeon General. Who Satcher would replace; When Satcher resigned from Meharry; Background information...
- Surgeon General's New Plan Calls For Eliminating Racial Disparities In Health. // Jet;02/14/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p19
Discusses how the United States Surgeon General David Satcher has unveiled a health plan which has a goal of eliminating racial disparities in health care.
- Satcher opponents vow senate fight. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;02/05/98, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p48
Reports that due to David Satcher's views on abortions conservatives tried to derail his nomination for surgeon general. United States President Bill Clinton's veto of the partial-birth abortion ban.
- CDC director. // Ebony;Jan1994, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p80
Profiles Dr. David Satcher, former president of Meharry Medical College and CEO of Meharry/Hubbard Hospital, who now leads the world's premier epidemiological organization--the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. His reputation for confronting controversy head-on; His frank approach to...
- Introducing: Surgeon General David Satcher. Bates, Bryna L. // Ebony;Sep1998, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p52
Provides information on David Satcher, Surgeon General of the United States. What inspired Satcher to become a doctor; Reference to Satcher's commitment to his profession; Information on his former role as director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention agency; What health issues...
- Satcher nominated for next surgeon general. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;09/18/97, Vol. 88 Issue 38, p3
States that African-American David Satcher has been nominated by President Bill Clinton to be the next United States Surgeon General and Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services. Other African-American who served in this post; Career information on Satcher; Comments from Satcher.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Anthrax. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3 (Teacher's Edition);11/12/2001, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p4
Interviews U.S. Surgeon General David Satcher on anthrax.