MISCONCEPTIONS AND PITFALLS IN SCLEROSING THERAPY OF VARICOSE VEINS
- 1000 VARICOSE VEIN OPERATIONS. Kutz, Charles M. // Angiology;Jan1971, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
Presents thoughts on varicose vein operations. Developments in the author's search for an effective method of dealing with varicose veins and their complications; Round up of the lessons learned by the author in his review of his experiences with over one thousand cases of varicose vein...
- Varicose Veins. // New Harvard Guide to Women's Health;2004, p614
Presents a comprehensive women's health guide to varicose veins, which are enlarged, twisted or swollen veins. Individuals who are likely to develop varicose veins; Symptoms; Diagnostic evaluation; Treatment options for spider veins and varicose veins.
- All the essentials about varicose veins. Altizer, James W.; Pennachio, Dorothy L. // Patient Care;Jul2005, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p23
Presents information on varicose veins. Estimated percentage of people in the U.S. affected by varicose veins; Cause of varicose vein formation; Tips for using a hand-held Doppler ultrasound in the diagnosis of varicose vein disease; Treatment options for varicose veins.
- `Easy to use' long-pulse Nd:YAG laser targets selected leg veins. // Dermatology Times;Oct98, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p48
Introduces the long-pulse Nd:YAG, a laser equipment that can be used for the treatment of leg telaengiectases or varicose veins. Features; Efficacy; Indications; Side effects.
- Varicose Remedy. Lane, Nat // Natural Solutions;Sep2010, Issue 127, p8
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the benefits of hawthorns in treating viscose veins.
- Vein hope. Sen, Avirook // New Scientist;09/26/98, Vol. 159 Issue 2153, p12
Provides information on the use of medicinal leeches for varicose veins by doctors in India. Cause of varicose veins; Results of using medicinal leeches.
- STRUGGLE IN VEIN? Underwood, Anne // Newsweek;6/2/2003, Vol. 141 Issue 22, p70
Evaluates the product Complete Leg and Vein Therapy by Nu Visage.
- New Treatments for Varicose and Spider Veins. Franz, Rachel // Dermatology Nursing;Feb2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p57
Discusses the treatment options that are available for patients with varicose or spider veins. Definitions of varicose and spider veins; Closure technique for the treatment of varicose veins; Use of lasers to treat spider veins.
- Explore new vascular treatment for office use. Groves, Nancy // Dermatology Times;Feb2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p33
Reports on alternatives to hospital-based procedures at the disposal of dermatologists for patients seeking treatment of problem veins and vascular lesions for cosmetic or medical reasons. Overview of office-based treatment of veins and vascular lesions offered by dermatologist Margaret Weiss;...