PRODUCTION OF EXPERIMENTAL ANEURYSMS IN THE CANINE AORTA
- Unusual Anomaly Complicating Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair: Anterior Inferior Vena Cava. Kleiner, Daniel E.; Harthun, Nancy L. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Feb/Mar2009, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p87
This case illustrates an unusual anomaly of the great veins. To our knowledge, these are the first published photographs of the vena cava traversing anterior to the distal aorta. This anatomic variant caused minor technical problems during open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair.
- Vasa Vasorum of the Abdominal Aorta and Inferior Vena Cava of the Rat: An India Ink Injection Study. Brook, W. H. // Vascular Surgery;Nov/Dec1978, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p385
The microcirculation of the wall of the abdominal aorta and inferior vena cava of the rat (Figure 7) consists of vessels which run predominantly longitudinally, with small branches passing obliquely. Vasa vasorum of the abdominal aorta have been shown to arise from an aortic branch and to drain...
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm with Double Rupture into the Retroperitoneum and the Inferior Vena Cava. Manenti, Antonio; Giuliani, Enrico; Curti, Tiziano // Texas Heart Institute Journal;2013, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p211
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about arteriosclerotic abdominal aortic aneurysm rupture into the inferior vena cava.
- SVU-CME Test Questions. // Journal for Vascular Ultrasound;2014, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p163
A quiz concerning vascular ultrasound is presented.
- SPONTANEOUS AORTOCAVAL FISTULA: CASE REPORT WITH DESCRIPTION OF COMPUTERIZED AXIAL TOMOGRAPHY. Radocha, Richard F.; Blackshear Jr., William M. // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1984, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p108
A case of spontaneous aortocaval fistula due to abdominal aortic aneurysm is described in which the diagnosis was initially suspected because of obliteration of the soft tissue space between the abdominal aorta and inferior vena cava on computerized axial tomography. Successful fistula closure...
- Efficacy of Preoperative Computed Tomography for Diagnosing Major Anomalies of the Inferior Vena Cava Associated with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Onohara, Toshihiro; Takahashi, Ikuo; Nishizaki, Takashi; Wakasugi, Kenzo; Matsusaka, Toshimitsu; Kume, Kazuhiro; Fujinaga, Yutaka // Vascular Surgery;Mar/Apr1998, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p179
Anomalies of the inferior vena cava are rare but clinically important entities encountered during aortic surgery. Among 92 patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm, two inferior vana caval anomalies. Including one case of left-sided inferior vena cava (IVC) and one case of duplicated IVC, were...
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm with rupture into the inferior vena cava. Ateš, Mehmet; Çiloğlu, Ufuk; Güllü, Ahmet Ümit; Dağsalš, Sabri; Yekeler, İbrahim // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Feb2008, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p90
The article presents a medical case about a 65-year-old patient with abdominal aortic aneurysm. Here, physicians performed a computerized tomography scanning. Results showed juxta-renal abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) and long segment aorto-caval fistula. Details on how the surgeons performed...
- A Giant Arteriovenous Aneurysm of the Abdominal Aorta and Inferior Vena Cava. Sen, Sunil K.; Datta, Jyotirmay // Angiology;Jun1975, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p499
A male patient of 40 years who had a rare type of arteriovenous aneurysm involving aorta and interior vena cava at the level of the second lumbar vertebra has been presented. The patient's salient presenting features were a diffuse cystic lump in the epigastrium which was pulsatile and expansile...
- Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and Inferior Vena Cava Occlusion in Behcet's Disease. Rabee, Hussien; Al-Saleh, Mervat S.; Al-Salman, Mussaad M. S. // Vascular Surgery;May/Jun1999, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p323
BehÃ§et's disease is a rare, multisystem disorder characterized by widespread vasculitis on both the arterial and venous side of the circulation. The authors report a very rare case of associated leaking abdominal aortic aneurysm and Budd-Chiari syndrome secondary to inferior vena cava...