Axillary Vein Thrombosis as a Manifestation of Rapidly Progressive Neuropathic Arthropathy of the Shoulder Associated With Syringomyelia
- Use of a latissimus dorsi flap for treatment of infection in a neuropathic shoulder joint. Meiners, T // Spinal Cord;Aug2003, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p465
STUDY DESIGN:: Case report. OBJECTIVES:: To demonstrate the difficulties that can be encountered in diagnosis and treatment of an infected neuropathic shoulder in a paraplegic man. SETTING:: Spinal cord injury center in Germany. METHOD:: Ultimately, radical debridement and transplantation of a...
- Neuropathic arthropathy progressing with multiple joint involvement in the upper extremity due to syringomyelia and type I Arnold-Chiari malformation. Nacir, Baris; Arslan Cebeci, S.; Cetinkaya, E.; Karagoz, A.; Erdem, H. R. // Rheumatology International;May2010, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p979
Neuropathic arthropathy (NA), known as Charcot neuroarthropathy, is a chronic, degenerative arthropathy and is associated with decreased sensory innervation. Numerous causes of this arthropathy have been described. Neuropathic joint, although first described by Charcot in tabes dorsalis in 1868,...
- Too fit and too fat, both can lead to osteoarthritis. // Asian Pacific Post;8/19/2010, p5
The article discusses research which found that people who are either too thin or too fat could suffer from osteoarthritis.
- Joint pain and stiffness an indicator of osteoarthritis. Pinette, Gilles // Saskatchewan Sage;Mar2003, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p10
Discusses the disease of joints osteoarthritis. Symptoms of osteoarthritis; Causes of the disease; Measures for prevention of the disease; Methods for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: Time to shift the paradigm. Dieppe, Paul // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/15/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7194, p1299
Provides information on osteoarthritis in Great Britain. Risk factors; Pathological feature of the disease; Changes on the medical approach to the disease.
- Osteoarthritis I: Epidemiological risk factors and historical considerations. Buchanan, W. Watson; Kean, Walter F. // Inflammopharmacology;2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1/2, p5
Presents information on osteoarthritis. Causes of the disease; Risk factor associated with the joint disease; Genetic factors associated with osteoarthritis.
- Joint Injury in Young Adults and Risk for Subsequent Knee and Hip Osteoarthritis. Gelber, Allan C.; Hochberg, Marc C.; Mead, Lucy A.; Wang, Nae-Yuh; Wigley, Fedrick M.; Klag, Michael J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;9/5/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 5, p321
Background: Knee and hip injuries have been linked with osteoarthritis in cross-sectional and case-control studies, but few prospective studies have examined the relation between injuries in young adults and risk for later osteoarthritis. Objective: To prospectively examine the relation between...
- Want healthy joints? Adderly, Brenda // Better Nutrition;Oct99, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p60
Presents ways to prevent joint problems. Prevalence of osteoarthritis, the result of cartilage damage; Role of glucosamine and chondroitin sulfates in maintaining healthy joints; Supplements that enhance the power of glucosamine and chondroitin; Most common joint disorders; Risk of rheumatoid...
- Osteoarthritis II: Pathology and pathogenesis. Buchanan, W. Watson; Kean, Walter F. // Inflammopharmacology;2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1/2, p23
Examines the pathology and pathogenesis of diarthrodial joint. Anatomy and function of diarthrodial joint; Information on the pathological features of osteoarthritis; Analysis of the histological sections that feature osteoarthritis.