Simon & Schuster Leads NYT Children's List
- Publisher Scorecards Children's Lists. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p7
Presents charts depicting the scorecards children's lists of Simon & Schuster Inc. Author of the top children's picture book "The Polar Express;" Number of weeks that the children's paperback "Because of Winn-Dixie" topped the list of the publishing company; List of the children's bestsellers...
- UMBA Tightens Its Show. Zeller, Brad // Publishers Weekly;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 41, p22
Reports on the annual Upper Midwest Booksellers Association trade show which was held in Saint Paul, Minnesota from September 27 to 29, 2002. Number of booksellers, publishers and authors who attended the trade show; Books that caught the interest of attendees.
- BookExpo America 1999 addendum. // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p29
Presents an additional listing of exhibitors at the 1999 BookExpo America. Audio Publishers Association; Harvill Press; Sunbelt Publications; Travelers' Tales; Radio Spirits Inc.; Fromm International; Argo Insurance Brokers Inc.
- New Mexico to play major role at Guadalajara fair. // Publishers Weekly;11/14/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 45, p9
Reports on the November 1994 book fair in Guadalajara, Mexico. Major role of New Mexico's publishers, librarians and booksellers; What the fair will showcase of New Mexico; Exhibitors.
- International news. // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p8
Takes a look at news related to book publishers, for the week ended January 30, 2000. Includes decline of same-store sales at bookseller Waterstone's; Simon & Schuster's selection of HarperCollins to handle its distribution responsibilities.
- HUSTLE AND GROW. Coates, Ta-Nehisi Paul // Time;10/16/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 16, p75
This article discusses entrepreneurial street-lit authors who self-publish and market their own books. Street lit profiles the black underworld in graphic detail. Just as rappers reshaped the recording industry, street-lit authors have applied their own entrepreneurial skills to publishing....
- S&S Nixes Chinese 'Living History'. // Publishers Weekly;1/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the decision of Simon & Schuster (S&S) to terminate the rights of Yilin Press to publish the book "Living History," by Hillary Clinton in China in January 2004. Reason behind the decision of S&S; Number of copies printed by Yilin.
- A Buoyant Mood in London. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, pS1
Highlights developments in the British publishing industry in 2002. Potential implications of the euro for the industry; Comparison of the British and American book industries; Changes at the Booksellers Association; Target growth of Simon & Schuster Inc. in 2002.
- Attendees give London Book Fair high marks. Bing, Jonathan // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 16, p20
Highlights the 1999 London Book Fair held at the Olympia Exhibition Center in London, England. Secrets of the fair's success; Number of attendees; Evolution of the fair's identity; Status of Anglo-American publishing relations; Size and variety of exhibition booths.