Gotham Hopes For Home Run With Cal Ripkin Books
- Pearson Takes Steps to Realize Goal of Company-Wide Integration. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p7
Reports that London, England-based book publishing and marketing firm, Pearson PLC has ordered its Penguin Group division to work more closely with its sister companies. Steps planned by Pearson in realizing its goal of company-wide integration.
- The Big Think. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;2/6/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 6, p5
The article reflects on the challenges faced by the book industry in labeling and marketing books. Publishers and booksellers face difficulty in determining which books should be aimed at which niches and which niches are most likely to buy. It comments on the labeling decisions of publishers....
- The Mother Lode. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;2/28/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 9, p7
Explores the factors that could contribute to the sales of books in the U.S. Strategies employed by several publishing companies in selling their books; Role of mass media in the sale of a book; Description of the sales performance of the book "Perfect Madness," by Judith Warner.
- Harlequin To Expand Romantic Suspense, Other Imprints In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p4
Focuses on the plan of romance publisher Harlequin Ltd. to publish more books that are part of mass market series after experiencing a 22 percent drop in operating income in 2004. Expansion of the publication of the publishing's Blaze series; Launch of Harlequin Next, which focuses on stories of...
- Make it count. KLEIN, DUSTIN S. // Smart Business Cleveland;Aug2013, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p14
In this article, the author talks about various reasons for writing a book and the realities of book publishing. The author relates the challenges faced and the success of his friend who published his own book. He stresses that one must have the right reasons to write books. He suggests that one...
- BESTSELLERS. // Quill & Quire;Jun2008, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p48
The article presents several lists of bestseller books in Canada. At the Overall Top 20 category, the list include the books"A New Earth," by Eckhart Tolle, "The Power of Now," by Eckhart Tolle, and "Eat, Pray, Love," by Elizabeth Gilbert. The Canadian Top 20, Hardcover Fiction and Trade Paper...
- INDEPENDENT INDIA: PUBLISHING AND THE FORM OF THE BOOK IN INDIA. Ramanathan, Rathna // Typo;Autumn2012, Vol. 49, p30
The article discusses the important role played by independent presses on the publishing and book design in India. It mentions several thriving publishers in the country, as well as their strategies of designing their book cover and putting heavy emphasis on the content to attract the demand of...
- More Fall Book Festivals. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p24
Provides information on several book festivals in the U.S. in fall 2003. Novello Festival of Reading in Charlotte, North Carolina; Southern Festival of Books in Nashville, Tennessee; Rochester Children's Book Festival in Rochester, New York; Multicultural Children's Book Festival in Washington,...
- Frankfurt Likely to Ax Extended Friday Hours. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 42, p7
Deals with the possibility that extended Friday hours at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany would be eliminated, until exhibitors are surveyed about innovations introduced in 2003. Increase in attendance at the fair; Changes implemented at the fair; Advantage of the fair to the publishing industry.