Harlequin To Expand Romantic Suspense, Other Imprints In 2005
- Harlequin Launching Inspirational Line. Holt, Karen // Publishers Weekly;10/13/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 41, p8
Reports on the launching of inspiration fiction by Harlequin's Christian Steeple Hill imprint in the U.S. Theme of the books; Reliance of Steeple on the expertise of Red Dress Ink (RDI); Comments from Red Dress editor Farrin Jacobs on RDI.
- INDEPENDENT INDIA: PUBLISHING AND THE FORM OF THE BOOK IN INDIA. Ramanathan, Rathna // Typo;Autumn2012, Vol. 49, p30
The article discusses the important role played by independent presses on the publishing and book design in India. It mentions several thriving publishers in the country, as well as their strategies of designing their book cover and putting heavy emphasis on the content to attract the demand of...
- Frankfurt Likely to Ax Extended Friday Hours. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;10/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 42, p7
Deals with the possibility that extended Friday hours at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany would be eliminated, until exhibitors are surveyed about innovations introduced in 2003. Increase in attendance at the fair; Changes implemented at the fair; Advantage of the fair to the publishing industry.
- BESTSELLERS. // Quill & Quire;Jun2008, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p48
The article presents several lists of bestseller books in Canada. At the Overall Top 20 category, the list include the books"A New Earth," by Eckhart Tolle, "The Power of Now," by Eckhart Tolle, and "Eat, Pray, Love," by Elizabeth Gilbert. The Canadian Top 20, Hardcover Fiction and Trade Paper...
- Make it count. KLEIN, DUSTIN S. // Smart Business Cleveland;Aug2013, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p14
In this article, the author talks about various reasons for writing a book and the realities of book publishing. The author relates the challenges faced and the success of his friend who published his own book. He stresses that one must have the right reasons to write books. He suggests that one...
- More Fall Book Festivals. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 36, p24
Provides information on several book festivals in the U.S. in fall 2003. Novello Festival of Reading in Charlotte, North Carolina; Southern Festival of Books in Nashville, Tennessee; Rochester Children's Book Festival in Rochester, New York; Multicultural Children's Book Festival in Washington,...
- Jane Revisited (Reader, She Still Marries Him). // Newsweek;6/18/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 25, p9
Discusses an increase in the sales of classic literature. Sales of Oxford World's Classics; Publication of various versions of the book `Jane Eyre.'
- the book business. Clee, Nicholas // New Statesman;5/2/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4738, p55
Discusses how large bookstores tend to sell the same books with little variation. Assertion that bookstores need to stock books they know will sell rather than hold onto less popular books that only a few people are looking for; Remarks about publishing at a Booksellers Association conference...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 PUBLISHERS Children's. // Book Publishing Report;1/12/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Presents the top ten publishers of children's books in the Best Seller Scorecard of the newspaper "New York Times," compiled for the week of January 12, 2004. HarperCollins; Random House; Simon & Schuster.