Simon & Schuster 2004 Revenues Up 8%, Fueled By Children's And Audio
- Simon & Schuster Q1 Sales Up 6% To Reach $159.7 Million; Fiction Leads. // Book Publishing Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the increase in the revenue of publisher Simon & Schuster Inc. for the first quarter of 2005, in the U.S. Financial performance of Simon and its parent company Viacom; Lead titles during the quarter that contributed to the strong performance; Speculation that Viacom will sell Simon.
- Simon & Schuster Revenue Up 2% in Q3. // Book Publishing Report;11/6/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p3
The article reports on the increase in revenue of Simon & Schuster Inc., a sister company of CBS Corp. in New York. The mother company reported a 2% revenue increase within the publishing segment for the third quarter of 2006. High sales and distribution fees are considered reasons for this...
- Text Sales, Earnings Off At S&S. // Publishers Weekly;2/22/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 8, p11
This article reports on a decline in sales of Simon & Schuster in 2009. The U.S. publisher posted a seven percent decrease in its revenue for the year. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Carolyn Reid attributed the decline to its domestic businesses. Reid said the company's sales in its adult,...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- Cost of going it alone cut into Simon & Schuster profits in 1999. // Book Publishing Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p3
Reports decline of the revenue of Simon & Schuster (S&S) publishing house in the United States in 1999. Expenditure of S&S in building infrastructure for operation as an independent publisher; Statistics on revenues and operating income of S&S; Influence of routine publishing cycles on revenue...
- Resisting fate. Macskimming, Roy // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p11
Comments on the Canadian government's granting of permission for U.S. publishing company Simon and Schuster to acquire Distican. Rules about ownership in the Canadian book industry; Ownership policy's objective of strengthening an indigenous cultural industry; Call for Canadian Heritage...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- AP, Simon & Schuster Settlement Raises Questions On "Fair Use" // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p1
Reports that Simon & Schuster Inc. has questioned the Associated Press' copyright law and its haziness on book excerpts in the U.S. Dispute between the two companies on matters involving "fair-use" of copyright materials; Reference to other cases involving similar issue; Factors to determine...
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...