ATYPICAL COARCTATION OF THE AORTA
- THE BALLISTOCAROIOGRAPHIC FINDINGS IN A CASE OF COARCTATION OF THE AORTA WITH A BICUSPID AORTIC VALVE AND AORTIC INSUFFICIENCY. Rodstein, Manuel; Burack, Bernard; Young, Dennison // Angiology;Oct1953, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p446
A case of coarctation of the aorta with a bicuspid aortic valve and aortic insufficiency is presented in whom the ballistocardiograms revealed an accentuation of the depth of the K wave over the expected foreshortened K wave in un- complicated coarctation of the aorta. This increase in the K...
- TAUSSIG-BING MALFORMATION WITH COARCTATION OF THE AORTA. Khoury, George H.; Gilbert, Enid F. // Angiology;Mar1970, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p143
Two cases with Taussig-Bing malformation with severe coarctation of the aorta have been described. In both cases the ventricular septal defect was related mainly to the pulmonary valve. The coarctation was preductal and consisted of a long segment with moderately severe hypoplasia of the aortic...
- transposition of the great vessels. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2364
A definition of the term "transposition of the great vessels," which refers to a fetal deformity of the heart in which the aorta arises from the right ventricle and the pulmonary artery arises from the left ventricle, is presented.
- Comparison of Bilateral Pulmonary Arterial Level and Diameter in Transposition of the Great Arteries. Chen, Ming-Ren; Ko, Yu-Chen; Chiu, Ing-Sh; Chiu, Ya-Ping; Wang, Jou-Kou; Wu, Mei-Hwan // Pediatric Cardiology;Jun2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1175
In normal anatomy, the left pulmonary artery (LPA) is usually situated higher than the right pulmonary artery (RPA); however, transposition of the great arteries (TGA), the LPA is not always situated higher than the RPA. This study was performed to clarify the relative position of the RPA and...
- ADVANCES IN SURGICAL CORRECTION OF UNUSUAL AFFECTIONS OF ABDOMINAL AORTA. Martelli, A.; Pierangeli, A.; De Rubertis, C.; Moretti, S. // Angiology;Nov1966, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p859
The purpose of this paper is to illustrate some rarely encountered congenital or acquired pathologic modifications of the abdominal and thoracoabdominal aorta. The patients observed by us were treated surgically. The affections studied were (1) coarctation of the abdominal aorta (two cases), (2)...
- Turning the Table On a Teenager's Headaches. Pappas, George // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p159
Focuses on a case of a severe coarctation of the aorta with an aberrant origin of the right subclavian artery arising from below the coarcted segment. Diagnosis; Signs and symptoms; Treatment.
- Partial anomalous pulmonary venous return associated with coarctation of the aorta. Kula, Serdar; Sanlı, Cihat; Öner, Ali Yusuf; Olguntürk, Rana // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Feb2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, pE1
The article presents a six-year-old male patient due to partial anomalous pulmonary venous return associated with coarctation of the aorta.
- Young female patient with D transposition of great arteries operated by Senning procedure: case report. Pejčinović, Vesna Pehar // Cardiologia Croatica;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 8 Issue 7/8, pe10
An abstract of the article "Young female patient with D transposition of great arteries operated by Senning procedure: case report," by Vesna Pehar PejÄinoviÄ‡ is presented.
- Expert Commentary. Stanley, James C. // Perspectives in Vascular Surgery & Endovascular Therapy;Sep2005, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p204
Comments on the study "Middle Aortic Syndrome: From Presentation to Contemporary Open Surgical and Endovascular Treatment." Relevance of the etiology of abdominal aortic coarctation to the disease; Concern on the use of a Dacron thoracoabdominal aortic bypass or patch aortoplasty in treating...