RECURRENT OSLER'S NODES IN SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS
- Acitretin. // Reactions Weekly;1/21/2006, Issue 1085, p6
The article cites a case report on the development of skin and mucosal blistering, eczema, angular cheilitis and rectal bleeding in a 60-year-old woman during treatment with acitretin for discoid lupus erythematosus. It offers information on the commencement of the woman's treatment with...
- Infective endocarditis complicating rituximab (anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody) treatment in an SLE patient with a past history of Libman-Sacks endocarditis: a case for antibiotic prophylaxis? Armstrong, David; Wright, Stephen; McVeigh, Claire; Finch, Michael // Clinical Rheumatology;Aug2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p583
We report a 54 year old female whose successful treatment of cerebral lupus with rituximab was complicated by the development of streptococcus intermedius, on valves damaged by Libman-Sacks endocarditis more than 20 years previously.
- Manejo estomatolÃ³gico del paciente con prÃ³tesis valvular cardiaca. Hernández-Martínez, Elizabeth; Hernández-Palacios, Rosa Diana; José Salvador Hernández-González // Revista ADM;may/jun2007, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p85
The management of the patient with cardio-valvular-prosthesis is extremely risky, because they are susceptible of endocarditis, and hemorrhage subsequent to dental procedures that involve or imply bleeding. The objective was to determine the management of patients with cardio-valvular-prosthesis...
- Bacterial Endocarditis on Calcification of the Mitral Anulus Fibrosus: Report of an Unusual Case. Chaitin, Barbara; Goldman, Ronald L.; Burton, Stanley // Angiology;Aug1980, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p570
Endocarditis restricted to the base of the mitral valve and an adjacent calcified anulus is rare. This report describes a hitherto unrecorded complication: massive intramural hemorrhage of the left atrium.
- Measurement of damage in 210 Mexican patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: relationship with disease duration. Zonana-Nacach, A.; Camargo-Coronel, A.; Yáñez, P.; de Lourdes Sánchez, M.; Jímenez-Balderas, F.J.; Aceves-Avila, J.; Martínez-Osuna, P.; Fuentes, J.; Medina, F.; Fraga, A. // Lupus;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p119
The Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics/American College of Rheumatology (SLICC/ACR) Damage Index is a validated instrument specifically designed to ascertain damage in SLE; this instrument has been applied mainly to Caucasians and African-American SLE patients. The objective of...
- Silica-induced lupus erythematosus. Haustein, Uwe-Frithjof // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;4/20/98, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p73
Describes a case of silica-induced lupus erythematosus. Case background; Action of silica as an adjuvant which increases the immune answer to foreign antigens; Hypergammaglobulinemia.
- Subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus: Two cases of delayed diagnosis. Lyon, C. C.; Blewitt, R.; Harrison, P. V. // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;4/20/98, Vol. 78 Issue 1, p57
Two cases of subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus are described. Features which delayed diagnosis are discussed. The potential clinical and histopathological overlap between this condition and erythema multiforme is emphasized, drawing attention to the histological features which allow...
- Oral lupus erythematosus successfully treated with CO2 laser: a case report. Zoccali, G; Orsini, G; Cifone, MG; Giuliani, M // Lupus;Jul2014, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p848
A letter to the editor is presented commenting on oral lupus erythematosus being successfully treated with carbon dioxide laser.
- Scarred face. Stadler, Franz; Gaspari, Anthony A. // Cortlandt Forum;11/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p48
Examines a case of a 35-year-old male patient with chronic cutaneous lupus erythematosus. Disease manifestations; Laboratory results; Diagnosis; Etiology of the disease.