TESTS FOR HYPERLIPEMIA
- Hyperlipidemia Global Clinical Trials Review, Q2 2011. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/26/2011, Vol. 21, p1192
The article offers information on the report from GlobalData regarding the clinical trials on hyperlipidemia around the world. It notes that the report provides an overview of the trial numbers and their recruitment status as per the site of trial conduction. It adds that the report also offers...
- GP Practice: Medicine on the Web - Websites on hyperlipidaemia. Barnard, Keith // GP: General Practitioner;10/21/2005, p173
This article presents information on Web sites on hyperlipidaemia in Great Britain. The Web site www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/he.asp on hyperlipidaemia are pretty good, but it starts badly, by saying that hyperlipidaemia means that one have too much lipid in his blood. The introduction is brief and it...
- Effect of an unani formulation on lipid profile in rat. Nasiruddin, M.; Ahmad, N. // Indian Journal of Pharmacology;Feb2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p56
The article investigates the effect of an unani formulation on lipid profile in rats. The results showed significant increase in total cholesterol, free cholesterol, triglycerides, phospholipids,free fatty aics and low density and ver low density lipoproteins in isoprotenol treated rats. It was...
- Hyperlipidaemia. // GP: General Practitioner;11/11/2002, p75
Focuses on the disease hyperlipidaemia. Classification and screening of the disease; Symptoms of the disease; Assessing and treating hyperlipidaemia; Effect of Non-drug therapy.
- Losin ' it. Brown, Sanford J. // Family Practice Management;Jun2004, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p59
Recounts the author's experience in diagnosing patients with notable hyperlipidemia. Prescription to use diet and exercise for patients with high lipid profile; Description of the South Beach Diet; Efforts of the author in diet control.
- Clinical: Hyperlipidaemia and hepatitis B. // GP: General Practitioner;10/14/2005, p60
Presents a question and answer advisory related to the treatment of hyperlipidaemia and hepatitis B. Diagnosis of primary hyperlipidaemias using the Friedricksen classification; Cause of familial hyperchylomicronaemia; Loss of libido and erectile dysfunction from using a strong form of cannabis.
- Polyphenolic extract of Ichnocarpus frutescens modifies hyperlipidemia status in diabetic rats. Kumarappan, Chidambaram T.; Rao, T. Nageswara; Mandal, Subhash C. // Journal of Cell & Molecular Biology;2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p175
Natural remedies from medicinal plants are considered to be effective and safe alternative treatments for diabetes mellitus. Decoction prepared from the leaves of I. frutescens is used to alleviate the symptoms of diabetes mellitus in folk medicine. The present study was designed to evaluate the...
- fluvastatin. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p254
The article presents information on fluvastatin, a drug used in hyperlipidemia to reduce the levels, or change the proportions, of various lipids in the bloodstream. The drug is usually administered only to those patients in whom a strict and regular dietary regime is not having the desired...
- Lescol XL. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p328
The article presents information on Lescol XL, a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the lipid-regulating drug fluvastatin. It can be used in hyperlipidaemia to change the proportions of various lipids in the bloodstream. It is available as modified-release tablets.