ORAL BROMELAINS AS ADJUNCTS IN THE TREATMENT OF ACUTE THROMBOPHLEBITIS
- Probiotics and Enzyme Therapy for Sports. Brudnak, Mark A. // Townsend Letter for Doctors & Patients;Jul2003, Issue 240, p54
Discusses the application of probiotics and enzyme therapy in sports activities. Impact of proteases on inflammation; Function of bromelain in the debridement of wounds; Use of probiotics as adjuvant to any weight control programs.
- AN OBJECTIVE SIGN OF THROMBOPHLEBITIS. Peadody, C. Newton // Angiology;Oct1964, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p434
Plantar flexion spasm seems to be an accompanying sign of thrombophlebitis. A technique for its identification is presented and clinically evaluated.
- Clinical image of the week. // GP: General Practitioner;11/10/2003, p8
The hazard period for developing deep venous thrombosis (DVT) is within two weeks of a long-haul flight, according to researchers in Australia. Just one long-haul flight a year increases the risk of DVT by 12 per cent, although the risk of death remains small â€” just one in two million.
- DEEP VENOUS THROMBOSIS. Copeland, Duan C.; Gretzer, Matthew B. // Contemporary Urology;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p48
The article examines the causes of and risk factors for deep venous thrombosis, and discusses guidelines for prevention in urologic surgery. It identifies factors that are thought to be primarily responsible for the development of a thrombus within a vein. It also identifies conditions that...
- THE SURGICAL TREATMENT OF ACUTE ASCENDING SUPERFICIAL THROMBOPHLEBITIS. Totten, H. P. // Angiology;Jan1965, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p37
Discusses the importance of surgical treatment of acute ascending superficial thrombophlebitis. Trends and differences in definitive surgery; Benefits and risks of surgical operation; Examination on the therapeutic effects of antibiotics, anti-inflammatory agents and anticoagulants.
- Exercise in Patients with Deep Venous Thrombosis. Miller, Karl E. // American Family Physician;9/15/2003, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p1183
Discusses the research "Acute Effects of Exercise in Patients With Previous Deep Venous Thrombosis: Impact of the Post-Thrombotic Syndrome," by S.R. Kahn et al., published in the February 2003 issue of the journal "Chest."
- Clinicopathological Conference. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1964, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p292
Presents a case study of a patient diagnosed with thrombophlebitis of the left leg, discussed during a clinicopathological conference in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1964. Medical history of the patient; Findings of several clinical examinations conducted to the patient; Details of the...
- Compression Stockings and Post-Thrombotic Syndrome. Shaughnessy, Allen F. // American Family Physician;1/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p144
Deals with whether off-the-shelf compression stockings can prevent post-thrombotic syndrome in patients with a proximal deep venous thrombosis. Patients who were diagnosed with mild post-thrombotic syndrome in the study; List of post-thrombotic symptoms.
- Identification and Characterization of Functional Intermediates of Stem Bromelain During Urea and Guanidine Hydrochloride Unfolding. Ahmad, Basir; Shamim, Tabrez Anwer; Haq, Soghra Khatun; Khan, Rizwan Hasan // Journal of Biochemistry;Feb2007, Vol. 141 Issue 2, p251
By comparing changes in enzyme activity with changes in spectral features for stem bromelain (EC.126.96.36.199) in the absence and presence of urea, Guanidine hydrochloride and ethanol; four intermediate states could be identified: two activity-enhanced state obtained in the presence of 5 M urea and...