ARTERIOSCLEROSIS IN RABBIT AORTA INDUCED BY SYSTEMIC HYPOXIA
- Binswanger’s encephalopathy: serial sections and morphometry of the cerebral arteries. Tanoi, Y.; Okeda, R.; Budka, H. // Acta Neuropathologica;Oct2000, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p347
To identify arterial changes that are characteristic of Binswangerâ€™s encephalopathy (BE), we analyzed cerebral subarachnoid and medullary arteries of seven BE autopsy specimens by reconstruction of stained serial sections. We also noted the frequency of intimal fibrosis with or without...
- EFFECT OF SEROTONIN ON THE RENAL ARTERIES OF THE GUINEA PIG AND THE RABBIT. Virtama, P.; Jänkälä, E. // Angiology;Aug1961, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p372
The effect of serotonin on the renal arteries down to the radiating cortical arterioles was examined by injecting this agent through a polyethylene catheter into the aorta just above the origins of the renal arteries. Radiographic contrast mass (Dionoasil aqueous) was injected immediately after...
- Comparison of norepinephrine responsiveness of mucosal veins in vivo with that of isolated mucosal tissue in vitro in guinea pig nasal mucosa. Chiba, Yoshihiko; Oshita, Michiko; Matsuo, Kensuke; Sakai, Hiroyasu; Misawa, Miwa // American Journal of Rhinology;May/Jun2006, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p349
Background: The vascular responsiveness of nasal mucosa has been determined frequently by using isolated mucosal tissues although it is not clear whether the response of the whole tissue truly reflects the response of the vasculature (especially veins) in mucosa. In this study, the in vivo...
- Differential Responses of Hippocampal Neurons and Astrocytes to Nicotine and Hypoxia in the Fetal Guinea Pig. Blutstein, Tamara; Castello, Michael; Viechweg, Shaun; Hadjimarkou, Maria; McQuail, Joseph; Holder, Mary; Thompson, Loren; Mong, Jessica // Neurotoxicity Research;Jul2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p80
In utero exposure to cigarette smoke has severe consequences for the developing fetus, including increased risk of birth complications and behavioral and learning disabilities later in life. Evidence from animal models suggests that the cognitive deficits may be a consequence of in utero...
- II. SURGICAL THERAPY OF OCCLUSIVE PERIPHERAL ATHEROSCLEROSIS. Estes, J. Earle // Angiology;Apr1958, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p114
Focuses on the surgical treatment of occlusive peripheral atherosclerosis. History of vascular surgery; Basic concepts of the atherosclerotic occlusion of the abdominal aorta and its branches; Clinical aspects of chromic arterial occlusion due to atherosclerosis.
- Motion Analysis of the Carotid Artery Wall and Plaque Using B-Mode Ultrasound. Golemati, Spyretta; Stoitsis, John; Nikita, Konstantina S. // Vascular Disease Prevention;Oct2007, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p296
Motion of the arterial wall and atheromatous plaque, especially in the longitudinal direction, has recently gained attention as a determinant of carotid atherosclerosis. Vessel wall motion, caused by blood pressure, blood flow and tethering to the surrounding tissue, may be responsible for...
- Other projects to receive grants. // Art Newspaper;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 248, p34
The article focuses on projects that recieved grants including the conservation of three Tudor portraits at the National Portrait Gallery in London, England, the documentation of the preservation of the Watts Towers in Los Angeles, California and the restoration of a bronze statue in Milan, Italy.
- DISCUSSION. DePalma, Ralph G. // Vascular Surgery;Sep/Oct1997, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p677
Comments on a study which compared the neonatal structure of several arteries such as the internal mammary, the left coronary, right gastroepiploic and renal arteries. Discussion of the hypothesis that atherosclerosis development would seem to be directly related to medial thickness; Issue of...
- Immaturity of microvessels in haemorrhagic plaques is associated with proteolytic degradation of angiogenic factors. Dall, Julien Le; Ho-Tin-Noé, Benoît; Louedec, Liliane; Meilhac, Olivier; Roncal, Carmen; Carmeliet, Peter; Germain, Stéphane; Michel, Jean-Baptiste; Houard, Xavier // Cardiovascular Research;Jan2010, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p184
Aims: We investigated the causes of microvessel immaturity and destabilization in human atherosclerotic lesions.