A CASE OF BUERGER'S DISEASE IN WOMEN
- THROMBOANGIITIS OBLITERANS IN A FEMALE. Gaylis, H. // Angiology;Jun1957, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p259
1. A case of thromhoangiitis obliterans in a female having all the clinical features of the disease and confirmed by histologic section is presented. 2. The disease is extremely rare in females. From a study of 10 large reviews on the disease involving almost 4500 cases, the incidence in females...
- Enhanced Platelet Force Development Despite Drug-Induced Inhibition of Platelet Aggregation in Patients with Thromboangiitis Obliterans. Carr, Marcus E.; Hackney, Mary H. // Vascular & Endovascular Surgery;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p473
Thromboangiitis obliterans (TAO) is a nonatherosclerotic, nonnecrotizing, nonspecific, segmental inflammatory obliterative vasculitis, characterized by decreased flow to the distal extremities and increased risk of amputation. While smoking cessation is viewed as critical to successful...
- Buerger's Disease Retrieved. HORWITZ, ORVILLE // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug61, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p341
Editorial. Discusses various aspects of argument on Buerger's disease. Patient characteristics; Distinctions between Buerger's disease and arteriosclerosis.
- BUERGER'S DISEASE IN WOMEN. Morris-Jones, W.; Jones, C. D. P. // Angiology;Dec1973, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p675
1. A case of Buerger's disease occurring in a woman is described. 2. A review is made of this case and 21 other cases collected from the literature of Buerger's disease in women with acceptable histological evidence.
- THROMBOANGIITIS OBLITERANS AFFECTING WOMEN. Cutler, Edward L. // Angiology;Apr1959, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p91
1. A case of thromboangiitis obliterans occurring in a woman with description of pathologic material obtained by ulnar biopsy was reported. 2. A review of thromboangiitis obliterans among women recorded In the English literature and a discussion of the possible etiologic factors was made.
- Buerger's Disease in a Middle--Aged Woman with Diabetes Mellitus. Fujii, Yoichi; Ohmura, Yasuyuki; Takeuchi, Ryuzo; Morimoto, Setsuo; Uchida, Hatsuzo; Hayashi, Kazuhiko; Sano, Shunji // Angiology;Jan1996, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p97
Buerger's disease or thromboangiitis obliterans with involvement of small arteries of the upper and lower extremities usually afflicts young male smokers, but this report presents a middle-aged female nonsmoker with diabetes mellitus who satisfied clinical, angio-graphic, and histologic criteria...
- BUERGER'S SYNDROME. Herman, Bernard E. // Angiology;Nov1975, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p713
All cases diagnosed as Buerger's disease at The Mount Sinai Hospital from 1933-1963 have been reviewed. A large majority were found to have well-known vascular problems other than what we now consider as Buerger's disease. Only two specimens from 33 amputations had the characteristic histologic...
- THROMBOANGIITIS OBLITERANS OF THE ILIAC ARTERY. Abu-Dalu, J.; Giler, Sh.; Urca, I. // Angiology;Jun1973, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p359
Two cases of thromboangiitis obliterans of the iliac artery have been presented. The clinical as well as the pathologic and angiologic features concord in establishing such a diagnosis. The patients were young males with a history of smoking and calf claudication of two and one and a half years,...
- THROMBO-ANGIITIS OBLITERANS IN WOMEN. Fisher, Ralph Lee; Zukerman, Morris; Sweeny Jr., Donald N. // Angiology;Apr1951, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p132
A case history of thrombo-angiitis obliterans in a woman has been presented which has met the clinical and physical, as well as the pathologic criteria essential for a diagnosis of this disease. This is the eighth case report of a histologic proven case of thrombo-angiitis obliterans in a...