- Downward Credit Pressure Continues on Power Industry. // Energy User News;Dec2002, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p29
Reports on the prediction of Standard & Poors (S&P) on the continuation of downward credit pressure on the U.S. merchant generators and utilities in the year 2002. Rating of utilities during the third quarter; Number of downgrades noted by S&P among holding companies from July 1 to September...
- Outlook for muni ratings. // Electric Perspectives;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p52
Reports that the downward slide in credit quality that has characterized the municipal utility industry since 1993 will continue in 1996. Credit downgrades in 1995; Downgraded retail systems.
- ANALYSIS GCC utilities buoyed by strong ratings. RATCLIFFE, VERITY // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/30/2012, Vol. 56 Issue 13, p15
The article presents information on utilities services companies of the Gulf Coalition Council and the influence they have as a result of positive credit ratings.
- Credit analysis of muni utilities becoming more complex as deregulation nears. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/02/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30322, p35
Points out the increasing complexity of assessing the creditworthiness of municipal utilities as they enter a competitive deregulated market in the United States. Outcome of discussion at `The Bond Buyer' periodical's public power conference; Analysis of a municipal utility as a business;...
- Pray to the Lords. Handley, David // Utility Week;7/19/2013, p18
The article presents some of the things that independent renewable generators and green groups would like to see from the Energy Bill. Topics discussed include the significant gap in the value of the revenue that can be expected under the Rewables Obligation, the dependence of the route to...
- Moody's revises Tennessee outlook. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;03/15/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30849, p2
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has revised Tennessee's credit rating to a negative rating. Impact of the state's problems with sub-par revenue collections; Solutions considered by state officials to address its financial problems.
- Bethany College, W.Va., Downgraded to BB-Plus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;3/13/2015, p19
The article informs about the downgraded rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services (S&P) to the County Commission of Brooke County, West Virginia's series 2011A and 2011B revenue bonds issued for Bethany College.
- San Diego Upgraded by Moody's; ICR to Aa2. // Bondbuyer.com;11/13/2014, p10
The article reports that the issuer rating and outstanding lease revenue bonds of San Diego, California were upgraded by credit ratings agency Moody's Investor Service Inc. from Aa3 to Aa2 and A2 to A1, respectively.
- Wind durbine expands local electricity supply. Wade, Beth // American City & County;Apr2002, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the wind turbine that expands that electricity supply in Hull, a town in Massachusetts. Remarks from John MacLeod, operations manager for the Town of Hull Municipal Light Plant (MLP); Information on Hull; Information on the installation of the wind turbine; Amount paid by the MLP...