- Cincinnati Plans $15M of Notes for Convention Center. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/2/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31483, p4
Reports the plans of city officials to sell short-term notes in Cincinnati, Ohio. Percentage increase of lodging tax; Use of revenues from tax increases for debt service; Accounts on the expansion of the Albert S. Sabin Convention Center.
- ALABAMA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/5/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33643, p7
The article reports that the Birmingham City Council will convene in January 2012 to process the plans to ask approval from voters for a 75-million dollar general obligation bond issue in Alabama.
- City outlines redevelopment payment plan. // Inside Tucson Business;8/4/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the approval of a plan to sell $453 million of bonds in four installments from 2008 to 2014 by the members of the City Council of Tucson, Arizona. Accordingly, this plan is part of the city's aim to move forward on downtown redevelopment. The article also presents the...
- D.C. Council Approves $187M in TIF Bonds for Convention Hotel. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/7/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32397, p6
The article reports on the final approval of the District of Columbia Council in Washington to issue the $187 million in tax increment financing bonds to help fund a 1,400-room convention center hotel and sanctioning bond authority for two of its quasi-independent redevelopment agencies to swap...
- Civic center lesson. // New Hampshire Business Review;09/26/97, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p16
Reports that a bond issue for the construction of a convention and conference center in Concord, New Hampshire will be voted on by city council members. Councilor Jim McGonigle's support of bonding only for road improvements; Efforts to seek a new definition of the public purpose portion of the...
- Bell Is Busy With New Boss, Workout Plan. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;5/29/2012, p1
The article reports on new leaders in Bell, California and their workout plan for bonds in 2012. It states that the next order of business by the new mayor and a set of City Council members is to have a workout plan for the former management's outstanding bond debt. It mentions that Arne Croce,...
- Chicago Panel Slows Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p1
Reports that the general obligation refunding plan of Chicago, Illinois, failed to win committee approval on February 8, 2005, due to opposition from African American and Latino city council members angered over the degree of minority participation in the underwriting team and the inclusion of a...
- Scranton OKs Parking Bond Payment, But Many Problems Remain. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/21/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33735, p1
The article informs the financial assistance of one million U.S. dollars to the parking authority of Scranton, Pennsylvania by the City council for making the payment of financial bonds. It also discusses the difficulties in obtaining the loan for the parking authority as there is no plan for...
- Fort Worth City Charter Amendments, passed May 13. Patrick, Stephanie // Fort Worth Business Press;5/22/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 21, p6
Cites the city charter amendments passed by Fort Worth, Texas city officials on May 13, 2006. Increase in the compensation paid to each city council member; Reduction in the number of required meetings of the City Council; Deletion of the requirement that the City Manager post a bond.