Buying the Ranch
- Recreation Ranch Appraisal. Thompson, Charles K. // Appraisal Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p328
Discusses a technique and format for determining the market value of ranch land used as recreation ranches in the U.S. Background on a method for livestock ranch appraisal analysis; Major classifications of land; Information on the value-influencing characteristics of recreation ranches.
- Proximate causes of deforestation in the Bolivian lowlands: an analysis of spatial dynamics. Müller, Robert; Müller, Daniel; Schierhorn, Florian; Gerold, Gerhard; Pacheco, Pablo // Regional Environmental Change;Sep2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p445
Forests in lowland Bolivia suffer from severe deforestation caused by different types of agents and land use activities. We identify three major proximate causes of deforestation. The largest share of deforestation is attributable to the expansion of mechanized agriculture, followed by cattle...
- 7 U.S. Ranching Operations Lauded For Top-Level Stewardship. Purfeerst, Jamie // BEEF Exclusive Insight;1/30/2014, p1
The article reports that seven ranching operations in the U.S. are recognized for outstanding stewardship in 2014. Topics covered include details of the operations of Mountain Meadows Farm in Vermont, Kissimmee Park Properties in Florida and BitterSweet Acres in Iowa. Also mentioned are other...
- Muslims in Alabama. // Time;2/2/1970, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p16
The article informs that African-American Musilms have purchased 1,000 acres of land for a farm and ranch in the U.S. It informs that white Muslims get shocked after African American Musilms bought the land. The government of the U.S. has filed several suits for the cancellation of purchase of...
- Using tree population size structures to assess the impacts of cattle grazing and eucalypts plantations in subtropical South America. de Souza, Iliane Freitas; Souza, Alexandre F.; Pizo, Marco Aurélio; Ganade, Gislene // Biodiversity & Conservation;Jun2010, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1683
To evaluate the effects of distinct management of the matrix in which forest fragments are found upon plant populations thriving in forest remnants in south Brazil, we assessed the conservation status of populations of four woody species ( Campomanesia rhombea, Diospyros incontans, Myrciaria...
- The countryside on computer. Hills, Ann // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Dec95, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p6
Reports on Britain's Farming and Wildlife Advisory Group (FWAG)'s package of services to help farmers and landowners to manage their land. Improving the job of gathering data on a variety of rural issues.
- Estimating Agricultural Use Values in New York State: Reply. Locken, Gordon S.; Bills, Nelson S.; Boisvert, Richard N. // Land Economics;Aug79, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p408
This section presents a response on the comment concerning the authors' article on the estimation of agricultural use values of land in Columbia County, New York. The importance of the issue is underscored by the fact that more than 40 state legislatures provide for agricultural use-value...
- The Relationship Between the Price of Land and Size of Plot When Plots Are Small. Tzu-Chin Lin; Evans, Alan W. // Land Economics;Aug2000, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p386
Examines the relationship between the price of land and size of plot when plots are small. Convex relationship of land price and plot size when plots are small; Concave relationship of land price and plot size when plots are large; Evaluation of price differences between sites sold at different...
- Town acquiring prime agricultural land. Campbell, Kristen // Hub (Hay River, NT);6/6/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p10
The article focuses on the utilization of land of the town of Hay River, Northwest Territories for agricultural purposes.