Standard & Poor's Upgrades Providence to A From A-Minus
- Imlay City Increase. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p33
Focuses on the improvement of rating on the limited tax general obligation debt for Imlay City, Michigan to BBB from BBB-minus according to Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P Raises Anchorage Outlook to Positive. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has revised its outlook to from stable to positive and affirmed its AA minus rating on Anchorage, Alaska's general obligation bonds.
- VIRGINIA: Norfolk Waters Rising. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/27/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32844, p9
The article reports on the upgraded rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the water revenue bonds of Norfolk, Virginia. The rating agency revised its water revenue bond rating to AA-plus from AA with a stable outlook, reflecting the continued solid financial performance and liquidity...
- S&P Upgrades Houston GOs to AA, Citing Strong Growth, Management. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p4
The article reports on the upgrade of the rating on the general obligation debt of Houston, Texas. Standard & Poor's Corp. raises the rating to AA from AA-minus. It cites economic growth and the strong financial management of the city as reasons for the upgrade. The upgrade applies to various...
- VIRGINIA: Vienna Gets S&P Lift. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32778, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of the bond rating for the city of Vienna in Virginia. Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) raises the rating to AA from AA-minus. S&P cites the city's location, its tax base and the balance of debt against capital needs as reasons for the upgrade. The upgrade affects...
- Nevada Scores Its 3d AA-Plus. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;6/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32410, p1
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded Nevada's general obligation bond rating to AA-plus from AA. The rating action affects outstanding debt of the state. The upgrade reflects the state's gradual diversification of tax revenues beyond the taxes paid by casinos along the...
- S&P Raises Atlanta Water Bonds to A as City Prepares $898M Issue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p4
Focuses on the upgrade of the rating for water and wastewater bonds in Atlanta, Georgia by Standard & Poor's Corp. Sale of revenue bonds for water and sewer system; Financing options to pay water and sewer projects; Changes in ratings from other rating agencies.
- S&P Improves Alabama's Outlook To Stable Ahead of $83M GO Sale. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31986, p39
Reports on the changes of the rating outlook for Alabama by Standard & Poor's. Influence of the increase in the economy of the state on the revision of the rating; Decrease in the outlook for the AA credit to negative; Factors behind the stable rating for Alabama.
- ALABAMA: Schools Authority Off Watch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/30/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33107, p9
The article reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to remove and rate the Alabama Public School and College Authority (APSCA) from negative to AA bond rating. The company asserts that the decision is due to the uncertainty relating to a pending federal lawsuit of APSCA. The company...