As Manhattan Stadium Debate Drags On, Brooklyn Arena Also Looks for a Leg Up
- Stadium 80% Complete. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32202, p27
Reports that the Cardinals Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, is 80 percent completed, according to the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority (AZSTA). Facility set to open in August 2006; Football stadium construction funded in part by revenue bonds sold by AZSTA.
- Dallas to Bond for Cotton Bowl Expansion. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32273, p4
The article reports that Dallas, Texas, will donate money from its bond issue to finance the development of the city-owned Cotton Bowl football stadium. The City Council was informed on the proposal to enhance the stadium facilities to keep the annual football game between the University of...
- Missouri Lays Out Stadium Game Plan to Keep Rams. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;1/9/2015, p1
The article reports that Missouri officials revealed plans for an open-air, about 1 billion dollar National Football League stadium partially financed with borrowing. The project relies on between 300 dollars million and 350 million dollars raised through some form of refinancing or extension of...
- Bond Dispute Threatens Arizona Stadium Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31948, p4
Reports on the possible delay of the planned 2006 opening of the Arizona Cardinals football stadium currently under construction, due to a dispute over who will issue bonds to cover infrastructure costs. Construction of the facility by the Arizona Sports & Tourism Authority (ASTA); Use of a...
- Baker Field holds special memories for players, fans. Read, Julie // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);10/28/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p5
A letter to the editor is presented about issues concerning the Baker Field , the football stadium in Whitney, Texas.
- Power games. Thame, David // Estates Gazette;8/24/2002, Issue 234, p31
Explores the problems associated with the regeneration of the Wembley football stadium in London, England. Comparison between Manchester and London in terms of sports facility development; Influence of regeneration on the success of the 2002 Commonwealth Games held in Manchester; Reasons for...
- SPORTS VENUE. // Cincinnati Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p113
Features the Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Indiana Agency Dealing for Colts Stadium, ARS Exit. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/22/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32923, p7
The article reports on the plan of the Indiana Finance Authority (IFA) to enter the market with two separate bond issues, including $55 million of variable-rate revenue bonds that will mark the final piece of financing for the new home of the National Football League's Indianapolis Colts. It...
- Stadium Ordeal Not End of Problems for Arizona Sports Agency. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31531, p3
Reports on problems faced by the Tourism and Sports Authority (TSA), Arizona, in introducing a multi-million dollar revenue bond issue for financing the development of Arizona Cardinals football stadium. Obstacles following a lawsuit against TSA by John F. Long, a person who offered his land...