Northwest Airlines Inks Deal to Fly to Upstate N.Y. College Town
- The Memphis Juggle. Ott, James // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/29/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 13, p42
Northwest Airlines will restructure its Memphis, Tennessee hub this January, spreading out 44 fewer flights over six banks a day, an increase of two. In this third restructuring since the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, Northwest plans to bring down capacity at Memphis by 16% compared...
- Looking east. Evans, Christopher // Oregon Business Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p9
Focuses on the operations of Northwest Airlines Inc. at the Portland International Airport in Oregon. Schedules of the airline's flights; Impact of the operation of the airline on the state' tourism industry; Destinations of Northwest.
- Northwest Airlines plans... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/1/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p24
Cites Northwest Airlines' plan to apologize to passengers of Flight 1020. Issuance of free tickets to passengers of the flight; Delay of passengers for three hours while on board an airplane outbound from Minneapolis/Saint Paul International Airport to the Washington-Dulles International Airport...
- Air Service Expected To Decline. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/21/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the termination of some of the services provided by airlines in some airports in Michigan. The Delta Airlines is reportedly severing its service to and from Capital Region International Airport in Lansing at the end of August 2008 and will discontinue passenger service to...
- Nose to nose. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;2/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pA-3
Focuses on the impact on acquisition of airport by Northwest Airlines Corp. and Wayne County in Michigan. Acceleration of speed on airplane operation; Design of terminal for quick connections to flights; Goal for preference of airport by travelers internationally.
- Wayne's new world. Schwartz, Adele C. // Air Transport World;Mar1998, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p59
States that Northwest Airlines and Wayne County, Michigan have formed a partnership to build a midfield terminal complex for Detroit Metro Wayne County Airport. Information on some of the terms of the partnership contract; Details on the staff hired for the construction of the terminal;...
- DOT charges Northwest with discrimination. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Nov2001, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p4
Reports that the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) charged Northwest Airlines with violating the Air Carrier Access Code and DOT regulations prohibiting discrimination against airline passengers with disabilities.
- In deciding airport fee case, high court balances rate-making against law-making. James, Robert P. // Traffic World;12/6/93, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the Supreme Court's dilemma in deciding the case involving Northwest Airlines and its lawsuit against Kent County, Michigan for its airport fees. Refusal of the justices to get involved in rate-making; Arguments by Northwest attorney Walter Smith Jr.; Airport's alleged surplus by...
- Metro terminal will open when Romulus inspectors say so. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/4/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on the scheduled opening of the Northwest Airlines terminal at the Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Michigan. Inspection and evaluation of the terminal by building inspectors; Design of the terminal; Security measures of the terminal.