Platinum buys FocusSoft
- Besieged software giants join forces. Seiter, Charles; Moran, Tom // Macworld;Jul1994, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p40
Reports on the mergers of several computer software companies in the United States. Adobe Systems Inc.'s acquisition of Aldus Corp.; Novell Inc.'s purchase of WordPerfect Corp.; Symantec Corp.'s acquisition of Central Point; Reasons behind the mergers.
- Software firms turning to mergers, acquisitions. Dant, Jennifer // San Diego Business Journal;2/5/96, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p19
Reports that software companies in San Diego, California are turning to mergers and acquisitions. Five companies in the `San Diego Business Journal' List of Largest Software Companies that have merged or been acquired.
- U.S. Robotics buys Palm Computing. // Electronic News (10616624);9/11/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2082, p24
Reports that U.S. Robotics has acquired Palm Computing, a California-based maker of operating system and applications software for hand-held computers and communications devices.
- Seller beware. Hamm, Steve // PC Week;7/12/93, Vol. 10 Issue 27, PCWeek Inside. pA/1
Looks at the trend of small software companies selling out to big software companies. Price setting; Hard-to-value intellectual property; Buying sprees of big companies; Best option for many companies; Cost to develop GUI-based applications; Marketing budgets; Effective negotiations.
- Selling out and winning. Hamm, Steve // PC Week;7/12/93, Vol. 10 Issue 27, PCWeek Inside. pA/1
Provides tips to small software companies on the verge of selling out. Need for advice beforehand; Shopping around for buyers; Option of cash or stocks; Scrutinizing buyer's record.
- Computers: Software, hard times. // Newsweek;4/4/1994, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p46
Looks at mergers in the software industry in recent weeks. What Novell will pay for WordPerfect and Borland's Quattro Pro; Mergers between desktop-publishers Adobe and Aldus and `edu-tainment' companies Broderbund Software and Electronic Arts.
- IS headache #397: Software mergers. Corcoran, Cate T. // InfoWorld;9/18/95, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p113
Focuses on the merger trend in the computer software industry in the United States. Significance of the mergers; Issues involved in mergers; Bright prospects for mergers.
- Merger fever heats up. Orrange, Kate // InfoWorld;8/22/94, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p25
Suggests that mergers and acquisitions in the computer software industry in the first half of 1994 will result to lower product prices. Value of total and merger deals; Samples of mergers and acquisitions; Use of merged companies of their expanded revenue base to lower prices.
- Sky's the limit for restructured industry. Berst, Jesse // PC Week;7/4/94, Vol. 11 Issue 26, p94
Comments on the restructuring and consolidation trend in the computer software industry. Description of small, mid-sized and large companies; Major competitors in 1980s; Revenue differences.