Roth IRA Calculator available
- Some Guides Upon Saying Goodbye. Loeb, Marshall // Business News New Jersey;12/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p18
Presents a summary of investment tips made by the author in his columns. Importance of starting to invest and save; Importance of taking a tax-deferring, company-sponsored savings plan; Benefits of investing in individual retirement accounts.
- Employees, not feds, can best reform 401(k) plans. Garrigan, Richard // Crain's Chicago Business;2/18/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on the federal legislation to restrict the percentage level of employer's stock within the 401(k) plans in the United States. Impact of the legislation on employer stock contributions; Need for basic financial education on the part of employee participants; Usefulness of the legislation...
- Manage your distributions wisely at 70 1/2. Rotenberg, Marvin R. // CPA Journal;Jan1994, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p62
Presents guidelines for managing individual retirement accounts (IRAs). Requirement for IRAs to begin minimum distributions by a required beginning date; Required minimum distribution rules for IRA holders; Joint life expectancy using the Minimum Distribution Incidental Benefit rule; IRA...
- The ever ready IRA. Rotenberg, Marvin R. // CPA Journal;Oct96, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p34
Provides techniques on how to avoid taxes on distributions from individual retirement accounts (IRA) in the United States. Possible taxes on IRAs; Tax avoidance measures; Effect of heirs inheriting the IRA.
- A grandparent's legacy... the gift that keeps on giving. Maisel, Melvin L. // CPA Journal;Sep97, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p64
Discusses how incorrect distribution election can result in an unexpected loss for the principal and their heir. Importance of grandparents participation in qualified retirement plans; Confusions on individual retirement accounts (IRA) planning; How to establish IRA for the grandchildren.
- Roth and regular IRAs. Hansen, Kenneth A.; Carlson, Steve // CPA Journal;Jun98, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p14
Deals with individual retirement accounts (IRAs) in the United States. Advantages of converting to Roth IRA; Congressional proposal to prevent taxpayers from converting their regular IRAs to Roth IRAs; Best tax planning for uncertainties. INSETS: Proposed legislation.;Calculations..
- Before investing, know your needs and study alternatives. Gigante, Lucienne // Caribbean Business;4/9/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 14, pS2
Looks at some of the factors which should be considered before attempting to select an individual retirement account (IRA). Benefits of IRAs; Advantages of using IRAs; Ways in which IRAs can be acquired; Comparison of various types of IRAs.
- Variable return IRAs represent higher capital growth potential. Morgado, Andres; Fernandez, Jose Raphael // Caribbean Business;4/9/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 14, pS14
States that individual retirement accounts (IRAs) offer higher capital growth potential in Puerto Rico. Reference to rules enacted in Puerto Rico regarding IRAs; Types of IRAs which generate the most capital; Details on some of the risks associated with IRAs.
- Whether to invest in a Roth IRA or not isn't such a complicated question. Thompson, William // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;03/30/98, Issue 322283, p5
Examines issues regarding the Roth individual retirement account (IRA) in the United States. Basics regarding the traditional IRA; Differences between Roth and traditional IRA; Criterion to use in determining the ideal type of IRA.