California lawmakers can undo errant law
- Creating `safe haven' financial products. Telford, Philip // Consumer Policy Review;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p162
Focuses on the debate over the regulation of `safe haven' financial products in Great Britain. Treatment of safe havens as a distinct category of product; Consumers' general mistrust of the sales process involving financial products; Proposed development of a financial products ratings system;...
- CRA Provisions Pour Fuel On Senate's Reform Debate. Anason, Dean // American Banker;5/6/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 86, p2
Focuses on the conflict between Democrats and Republicans over community reinvestment requirements in the financial reform bill in the United States. Concerns on the risks of undermining investor protection and the integrity of the capital markets; Democrats' support for the Community...
- The New Prudent Investor. Shenkman, Martin M.; Sackler, Lori R. // Financial Planning;May99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p83
Focuses on the Uniform Prudent Investor Act in the United States which offers marketing opportunities to investors. States that approved the bill; Marketing opportunities brough by the bill to financial planners; Discussion on the need to reasonably weigh risk, return, inflation and other...
- Investment Services Directive. Murray, Iain; Aldwinckle, RAlph // Accountancy;May91, Vol. 107 Issue 1173, p59
Focuses on the European Commission's Investment Services Directive. Support for the cross-border provision of investment services across Europe; Key provisions of the directive.
- Getting to grips with legislation. // Finance Week;9/7/2001, p46
Discusses legislations in the South African financial sector taking effect in 2001. Pensions Fund Second Amendment Bill; Collective Investment Schemes Control Bill; Financial Institutions Bill.
- Firms must disclose investment costs as Mifid II arrives. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing;2/27/2014, p18
The article reports on the passage of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive II (Mifid II) into European law and its requirement of financial firms to disclose total investment costs to consumers.
- Financial Services Act. // Accountancy;Mar1988, Vol. 101 Issue 1135, p38
This article reports on a statement issued by British Corporate and Consumer Affairs Minister Francis Maude clarifying definitions of investments in the Financial Services Act. The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) had no intention of including commercial forward contracts within the...
- RAISING THE BAR ON REPORTING AND DISCLOSURE FOR FINANCIAL SERVICES REGULATED ENTITIES. O'Neill, Garvan // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p14
The article focuses on reporting and disclosure within the financial services industry in Ireland. Topics include market volatility, the link between transparency in reporting and the engagement of stakeholders, and the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) documentation process....
- Draft regulation raises fears over FI levels. Egan, Liam // Money Management;11/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p14
The article focuses on the draft Corporations Act Regulation 7.6.02AAA in Australia. Perth-based lawyer Mark Halsey argues that the draft regulation promotes bias for it intends audience of smaller, independently owned financial planning licensees thereby exempting most of the larger financial...