Republic New York cuts derivatives group as part of restructuring
- Republic N.Y. appoints next chairman, CEO. Moyer, Liz // American Banker;12/18/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 241, p20
Reports on Republic New York Corp.'s naming of Dov C. Schlein to succeed chairman and chief executive officer Walter H. Weiner. Reorganization going on at the bank; Other management changes.
- In Brief. // American Banker;9/27/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 185, p32
Reports on developments concerning the banking sector, as of September 27, 1999. Includes the rise in share prices of Republic New York Corp.; Filing of a reorganization plan by Criimi Mae Inc.; Introduction of rules aimed at improving the quality of bank capital in Mexico.
- New York's Republic launches $5B global bank note program. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;11/8/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 216, p22
Reports on Republic New York Corp.'s launching of a $5 billion global bank note program. Details on the issuance of the notes; International focus of the note program; Importance of flexibility; Republic New York's steady expansion of its international operations.
- Republic New York seeks a niche catering to the nouveau riche. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;10/8/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 193, p1
Reports on Republic New York Corp.'s efforts to expand into domestic private banking. Previous focus of the company; Reason for moving into US-based private banking services; Comments by chief financial officer Thomas F. Robard; Acquisition as the opportunity for growth; Introduction of the...
- Republic renames its thrift. Jones, Dow // American Banker;7/22/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 139, p15
Reports on Republic New York Corp. changing the name of its thrift unit from Manhattan Savings Bank to Republic Bank of Savings. Purpose of change.
- Low-risk Republic needs new governing principle. Gabriel, Frederick // Crain's New York Business;10/21/96, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p57
Presents information on the the 1996 performance of the bank, Republic New York Corporation. Result in cutback in the lending of the bank; Comments from Robert Vile, a portfolio manager at Harleysville Group Incorporated; Statistical information on the performance of the bank's stock compared...
- Republic raises local lending profile. Gold, Howard R. // Crain's New York Business;11/22/93, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p24
Reports on Republic New York Corp.'s efforts to gain market share in New York. Increase in business loans and mortgage lending; Reasons for modifications in loan processing.
- Republic issue of $250 million is priced. // American Banker;10/15/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 198, p2
Reports on the pricing of a $250 million issue of Republic New York Corp. Yield; Spread; Ratings received.
- Republic spreads its wings. Kraus, James R. // American Banker;11/1/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 211, p5
Reports on Republic New York Corp.'s expansion across the United States and into foreign markets. Acquisitions in California and Florida; Competition in the deposit market in New York City; Strategic move of President Jeffrey Keil and Chairman Walter Weiner; Assets.