Connecticut ex-treasurers bounce back in private sector
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. // On Wall Street;Sep2002, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the selection and promotion of financial executives in the U.S. as of September 2002.
- 5 private equity partnerships part of U.S. investigation of former Connecticut treasurer. Williams, Terry // Pensions & Investments;10/4/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p2
Reports that former Connecticut State Treasurer Paul Silvester pleaded guilty to bribery, money laundering and racketeering. Case background; United States Attorney's allegations against Silvester; Equity companies involved in the case.
- Connecticut's newest money man. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;10/21/97 Supplement New England, Vol. 322, p10A
Profiles Paul J. Silvester, Connecticut's Treasurer. Reputation and career history; Educational background; Plans to reduce the state's debt burden; Fiscal challenges; Political and professional ambitions; Salary adjustment and public exposure concerns. INSET: The Connecticut treasurer's stats..
- Holding the key to the treasury. McCoy, F. // Black Enterprise;Mar1990, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p58
Profiles Francisco L. (Frank) Borges, state treasurer of Connecticut, the only African-American to hold a statewide elected office in the New England states. Career development; How Borges has changed the treasurer position from a political backwater to one of authority and financial clout;...
- On the move. // Treasury & Risk Management;Oct2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p53
Presents key financial executive selection and appointments in the United States as of October 2000. Joseph Manory's appointment as Quest Diagnostics Inc.'s treasurer; James Lattanzi's appointment as King Pharmaceuticals Inc.'s chief financial officer.
- CFOs expecting 8% increase in hiring. // Practical Accountant;Nov98, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the expectations of chief financial officers of an increase in hiring of accounting and finance professionals in the last part of 1998.
- CFOS ON FINANCIAL HIRING. // Risk Management (00355593);Sep98, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p8
Reports that according to the Robert Hall International Financial Index, chief financial officers in both the U.S. and Canada foresee an increase in the hiring of accounting and financial professionals during the third quarter of 1988.
- On the move. // Financial Management;Jan2001, p34
Presents news briefs on financial executives in Great Britain as of January 2001. Appointment of Diana Magee as finance and administration manager of Prince's Trust; Selection of Keith Simpson as Baab Company's development director in the United Kingdom; Appointment of Michelle Dudley as...
- Separate Advisers for Pittsburgh Mayor, Council. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;12/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31037, p4
Reports on the appointment of Greg Zappala as financial adviser of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Plans of Zappala for the city.