California bill calls for $500 million in debt for crime labs
- Statement on signing the temporary debt extension legislation. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p220
Presents President Bill Clinton's statement on signing the temporary debt extension legislation on February 8, 1996. Aim of the United States to honor all of its obligations; Law's provision of temporary debt relief that will allow the federal government pay all of its obligations.
- State lawmakers discuss amendment for N.Y.C. debt cap. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p27
Reports on the scheduled meeting between New York City officials and their state counterparts to discuss an amendment to the New York State Constitution changing the way the city's debt capacity is computed. Creation of the New York City Transitional Finance Authority to help the city borrow to...
- Balance the books or else. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/9/93, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p13
Says that a handful of new MLAs elected in June are attempting to reintroduce penalties into Alberta's Deficit Elimination Act when the legislature reconvenes at the end of the month. Work of Calgary Tory Jon Havelock, and fellow rookies Ron Hierath, Wayne Jacques and Hung Pham; Proposals from...
- Los Angeles City Council considers formal policy to cap debt service ratios. Jacobius, Arleen // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p40
Reports that the Los Angeles City Council in California is considering a formal debt policy in order to allow the city to borrow more. Proposed establishment of separate debt limits for non-voters and voter-approved bonds; Proposal for a six-percent target for nonvoter-approved general fund debts.
- Outcome is referendum on Boehner. Hooper, Molly K. // Hill;7/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 113, p1
The article reports on the issue of considering the debt-limit bill as a referendum in the U.S.
- WHO IS LYING - THE GOVERNMENT OR OPPOSITION. // Opinion Piece in Macedonian Press;9/23/2014, p1
The article presents the views of former member of parliament (MP) Slobodan Najdovski expressed in the newspaper "Utrinski vesnik" in which he comments that Macedonian citizens are being fooled by changes in the Law of Public Debt as it shows that the government is only concerned about who pays it.
- OTHER VOICES: City's economic stimulus plan defended. Adams, Anthony // Crain's Detroit Business;4/21/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p9
The article presents the author's comments on an editorial, titled "Economic stimulus plan needs scrutiny," that was published in the April 7, 2008 issue, about the legal limit on national debt in Detroit, Michigan. He says that the editorial gives the impression that the one-time budget fixes...
- Late payment of commercial debts (interest) bill published. // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the late payment of commercial debts bill in Great Britain which introduces the statutory right for businesses to claim interest on the late payment of commercial debts. Emphasis on the right for small business to claim interest against all large enterprises; Extension of the right...
- Senate, House pass telecommunication reform bill; House kills political push for debt limit... // Human Events;2/16/96, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p22
Reports on the passage of a telecommunications bill in the US Congress. Rejection of a politically driven Democratic move to provide for the immediate extension of the federal debt.