- California Embraces the Health Care Law. DoBias, Matthew // National Journal;2/26/2011, p25
The author discusses the implementation of health care reform in California. Diana Dooley, California's top health official, has pledged to make the state a leader on health care reform despite other states joining in a lawsuit to undo the health care law. California lawmakers passed measures to...
- Anti-Spam Forces Gaining Ground. Brown, Doug // Inter@ctive Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p82
Deals with the idea of establishing a bounty for spammers or errant bulk commercial electronic mailers in the United States (U.S.). Problem with anti-spam laws in the U.S.; Provisions of the Can Spam Act introduced by Representative Gary Miller of California; Technical blocks against spams.
- State OKs anti-trans signature effort. Hemmelgarn, Seth // Bay Area Reporter;8/29/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p4
The article informs that California government has approved the signature efforts of anti-trans activists to undo a new California law designed to support transgender students.
- Undoing. // Christian Science Monitor;12/21/2010, pN.PAG
- 'Before the Flood'. Connolly, Kelly // Entertainment Weekly.com;10/29/2015, pN.PAG
Can the Doctor undo his own death?
- Plastic bag makers fight back against California's new ban. Goodale, Gloria // Christian Science Monitor;10/1/2014, pN.PAG
The ink is barely dry on California's first-ever statewide ban on plastic bags at grocery and convenience stores, but the opposition has already begun efforts to undo the newly minted law.
- Court weighs in on stray shots. // Golf World;9/7/2007, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p6
This article discusses California law as it applies to errant golf shots. Although the California Supreme Court is allowing a man who was struck by a tee shot to proceed with a lawsuit, errant golf shots are considered to be part of the game and shouldn't be the subject of damage lawsuits....
- California Eyes Changes to New Muni Bankruptcy Law. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;5/1/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33706, p1
The article reports on the consideration of lawmakers in California on the Assembly Bill 1692 that will change the state's municipal bankruptcy law.
- Bid to make condoms compulsory on porn movie sets. // Evening Standard;5/30/2014, p37
CALIFORNIA lawmakers are debating a proposed law that would make it compulsory for porn actors to wear condoms during film shoots.
- California law makers miss deadline to vote on historic school bond issue. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;07/15/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30435, p7
Reports that California's lawmakers missed the deadline to vote on a historic school bond issue. Terms under California state law; Assembly; Terms of the proposed debt deal.