Treasurer steps up to bat
- Rhode Island steps closer to retiring bank bailout debt. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;08/17/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30458, p4
Reports that the state of Rhode Island was able to defease $25.7 million of bonds through the purchase of government securities in August 1998. Structure of the bonds; Creation of the Depositors Economic Protection Corp. in 1991 to pay back depositors of closed credit unions and banks;...
- An advance call of Louisiana school debt shocks investors. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;06/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30670, p1
Reports claims of the Weiner Abrams & Co. on the improper redemption of Jefferson Parish School Board bonds in Louisiana. Impact of Jefferson Parish late redemption notification on traders; Valid defeasance despite late redemption notification; Context of the bond resolution on redemption;...
- if. O'Brien, Shannon // Teen Ink;Dec2006, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p22
The article presents the poem "If," by Shannon O'Brien. First Line: Wouldn't it be lovely; Last Line: had to wait for the light to turn green.
- Three-Year Dive. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p33
Reports on the decline in revenue of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport. Unaudited results presented by the Kenton County; Effect of the slowdown in air traffic; Surplus fund as part of its bond agreements to make up for the revenue shortfall.
- A Surplus and Pension Bonds Are on the Menu. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, Special section p12
The article focuses on the consideration of the budget surplus and pension bonds for Connecticut. The state is planning to close the pension obligation bond (POB) deal by the end of fiscal 2008 to enhance the underfunded Teachers' Retirement Fund (TRF). The law concerning the issuance of up to...
- O'Brien to Face Romney in Massachusetts. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31474, p4
Reports the nomination of treasurer Shannon P. O'Brien by the Democratic party for the gubernatorial election in Massachusetts. Opponent of O'Brien; Percentage primary votes garnered by O'Brien; Career history.
- Drop-everything read. Friedman, Devin // Glamour;Nov2002, Vol. 100 Issue 11, p177
Profile Shannon O'Brien, politicalwomen in the U.S. Career experience; Family background; Educational achievements.
- Home. O'Brien, Shannon // Teen Ink;Nov2006, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p26
The article presents the poem "Home," by Shannon O'Brien. First Line: when I leave for college; Last Line: "you're home."
- The House Cleaner. Prior, Chris // Treasury & Risk Management;May/Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on Treasurer Shannon O'Brien in Massachusetts. Political background; Factors that affected her decision to run for a state treasurer; Job responsibilities; Improvements made on the internal structure of the Treasury; Issuance of obligation bonds by the state.