- Accountants like Brown's figures. // Credit Management;Aug2001, p11
Reports on the Institute of Chartered Accountants' stance towards Great Britain's Enterprise Bill. Support of the bill for startup and growing businesses; Concerns of the institute on the relaxation of British bankruptcy law.
- Support growing for S. 1002. // AHA News;8/22/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the growing number of U.S. legislators who endorsed the proposed Hospital Fair Compensation Act, also known as S. 1002 bill. Senators who authored the bill; Goal of the bill; List of senators who support the bill.
- The Un-American Smith-Towner Bill. // America;10/2/1920, Vol. 23 Issue 24, p567
The article focuses on the opposition to the Smith-Towner Bill in the U.S. The adoption of the bill will bring a larger salary to teachers, but teachers will not support the measure because they know that the bill is not capable to provide relief to schools. It is stated that the basis of the...
- China Trade Bill to Get Push in House. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the support for the U.S. Trade Rights Enforcement Act, a bill that addresses China's trading practices and growing economic dominance, by House Ways Committee chairman Bill Thomas. Criticism against the bill by Democrats; Provision of the bill.
- N.Y.S. Senate moves on anti-gay DOMA bill; vote may come to floor in August. Macaluso, Timm Louis // Empty Closet;Jul2004, Issue 370, pA1
Reports on a press conference held by the Gay Alliance of the Genesee Valley on June 16, 2004 against growing New York State Senate support for the Defense of Marriage Act. Definition of marriage in the bill; Reason behind the momentum gained by the bill; Implications of the bill for the GLBT...
- Senate joins effort to reverse air rules. Hess, Glenn // Chemical Market Reporter;08/11/97, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the introduction of a bill by Senators James Inhofe and John Breaux that would nullify the Environmental Protection Agency's emission standards for low-level ozone and fine particulates. Key points of the legislation; Remarks from Inhofe on the bill; Growing support for a similar...
- Support for Charter School Grants Grows as Education Bill Takes Shape. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;06/18/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31162, p4
Reports on the growing support for charter school grants as a compromise education bill takes shape in the United States Congress. Inclusion of a provision for charter school grants in the compromise bill; Plans of Congress to have the bill on President George W. Bush's desk by late summer 2001.
- Property rights shouldn't suffer in growth battle. // Inside Tucson Business;06/21/99, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p4
Editorial. Comments on the agricultural industry's concerns over Arizona Governor Jane Hull's decision to veto Senate Bill 1021. Reasons why farmers support the bill; Role of landowner in planning decisions; Hull's plan to forward the requests made in the bill to the Growing Smarter Commission.
- Muckaty dump must be fought. Wasley, Natalie // Green Left Weekly;3/21/2012, Issue 915, p10
The article discusses the bill related to the dumping of nuclear waste dump in Australia. It informs that Australian resources minister Martin Ferguson had introduced the National Radioactive Waste Management Bill\ into the House of Representatives in February 2010. Ferguson's bill was passed in...
- Out of the cold. Bull, Chris // Advocate;5/4/93, Issue 628, p29
Discusses the enactment of the gay rights bill in Minnesota. Provisions of the bill; Supporters of the bill.