- Allegheny County lawsuit could harm Pennsylvania's tobacco settlement. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p3
Focuses on Pennsylvania Attorney General Mike Fisher's assessment of the possible impact of lawsuits filed by Allegheny County and others, on the state's share of a settlement with the tobacco industry. Background on separate appeals filed by the Allegheny County and the Coalition for a...
- Settlement harbinger? Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;08/28/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the decision of Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to settle a federal lawsuit charging Medicare fraud. Terms of the settlement; Defense given by Anthony Sanzo, president and chief executive officer of Allegheny General, regarding the alleged Medicare fraud.
- Settling down. Becker, Cinda // Modern Healthcare;1/21/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the out-of-court settlement or compromise made by the Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation to address a lawsuit filed by its creditors. Amount of the settlement; Terms of the settlement agreement; Views on the issue of Barry Wolfman, senior vice president of operations...
- Ex-Student Sues Over Facebook Gossip. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Jun2011, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by radiology student Cara Whitney against radiology program leader August Kellerman III, Community College of Allegheny County in Pennsylvania and its president, Charles Martoni.
- Disabled Nursing Student Sues Over Bias. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Jan2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by Sally Borman, a disabled nursing student at the Community College of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, against her clinical course instructor Nora Evans.
- Argument set in DP case. Cwiek, Timothy // Philadelphia Gay News;1/3/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses a U.S. court case wherein mathematics teacher Bradley A. Ankney filed a lawsuit against his employer Allegheny Intermediate Unit for violating Allegheny County, Pennsylvania's ban on sexual-orientation discrimination.
- Counties Fume Over Tobacco Payouts. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;May1999, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p57
Focuses on efforts of counties to take shares of settlement money in the dispute between states and tobacco companies in the U.S. Reason Cook County is negotiating with Illinois to get the state's tobacco fund; Lawsuit filed by Arizona counties against the state over tobacco settlement money.
- West Penn Health to Lead Way In Rejuvenated High-Yield Sector. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;06/30/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30924, p1
Reports on the creation of the West Penn Allegheny Health System in Pennsylvania through the issuance of bonds. Issuance of the credit through the Hospital Development Authority of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
- DRINK TAX ENACTED IN PENNSYLVANIA. // Cheers;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
The article reports the approval of a 10 percent tax on alcoholic beverages served in restaurants and bars in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. The Allegheny County Council approved the tax in December 2007 although restaurateurs oppose it. The tax was implemented in January 2, 2008 in the county,...
- HIKE LIST. // 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Pittsburgh;2006, preceding p1
The article lists hiking areas in Pennsylvania including Allegheny County, Westmoreland County, and Somerset County.