- Agency offers housing plan for poor Texas border towns. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/08/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30593, p1
Highlights the housing plan developed by the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs for residents in poor border towns. Budget sought for the plan; General reaction to the recommendation; Terms of the housing plan; Options being considered for funding the program.
- Cleaning up rural slums. Fogarty, Mark // U.S. Banker;Sep98, Vol. 108 Issue 9, p96
Focuses on the improvement of housing along the Mexican border, citing the channeling of mortgage loans by Norwest Corp., BankAmerica Corp. and other small bankers to this improvement. Plans of Norwest to open a branch in the town of Socorro, Texas; Information on the El Paso Collaborative...
- 'Coercion' fears over policy. Geoghegan, John // Planning (14672073);3/14/2014, Issue 1978, p10
The article offers information on the British Labour Party's policy to resolve the problem of cross border cooperation over housing growth in the country as of March 2014. Topics discussed include the Localism Act, housing cross-border issues and the independent housing commission. It also...
- Border Crossing. Norton, W.P. // Progressive;Oct89, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p46
Describes traveling to the border towns of El Paso, Texas and Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Available jobs in Juarez; Routes to reach the towns; Plan for establishing an industrial park in El Paso for the expanding maquila industry.
- Taking a town by design. Canard, Shannon // Fort Worth Business Press;4/5/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p22
Reveals that Austin, Texas-based millionaire Steve R. Smith has hired Elizabeth Falconer and her interior design firm Position By Design to redecorate the town of Lajitas, Texas. Plans of Falconer to retain the charm and unique border character of the town; Development of the town confined to...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Peacock, Wayne; Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;06/04/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31152, p40
Reports on news and developments related to the bond market in Northeastern States as of June 4, 2001. Standard & Poor's raising of its rating on the town of Berlin's general obligation bonds to AA-minus from A-plus; District of Columbia Housing Finance Agency's completion of its bond offering...
- Massachusetts HFA, Fresh Off Rating Upgrade, Changes Target Date on Sale. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p33
Reports on the plans of Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency to offer $72 million in single-family housing revenue bonds. Underwriter of the bond; Rating given to the bonds by rating agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp.; Areas where proceeds from the sale will be...
- Wikileaks cable says Border guards feared Mohawks. Tardif, Richard // Eastern Door;6/3/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p8
The article offers information on the Wikileaks cables which states that Canadian Border Guards fear possible clash with Mohawks who opposed the plan of Canadian Border Service Agency (CBSA) to give firearms to border guards.
- Borders lines up agency to take on etail business. Roberts, Jo // Marketing Week;10/29/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 44, p5
The article reports on the plan of Borders, a book and entertainment retailer, to drop the online arm of its business to focus on its core store offering. It states that Borders is negotiating with its digital agency Tangent, to take over the business and run it in-house. According to Philip...
- Border security isn't a bad word and it can work! Gelbman, Itamar // Ellis County Press;4/26/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
The article offers the author's perspective on border security in Texas.