- Physical protection for fire devices. Colombo, Al // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p21
Answers query concerning wire-mesh cages for smoke detectors. Recommendation for model CSSP 885; Effectiveness of the product for school installation; Contact information. INSET: When to install smoke detectors..
- SDM PRODUCT APPLICATIONS Smoke Detectors. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2002, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p106
Reports the availability of smoke detectors. Features of i3 Series smoke detectors; Importance of smoke detectors in the business offices; Price of the detectors.
- SEEING THE LIGHT. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2005, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p40
The article focuses on multi-sensor fire detectors which can help reduce false alarms. It is generally accepted that optical smoke detectors -- using the scattered light principle -- are today taking over the market where once ionization smoke detectors dominated. The scattered light technology...
- Detectors save lives. // Current Health 1;Dec95, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p12
Discusses the life-saving advantages of having smoke detectors in the household. Deaths and injuries caused by smoke and fires annually; Smoke detector as the best defense against fire; Affordability; Power sources; Ideal locations; Toxic substances in fires. INSET: What to do when the alarm...
- Smoke-Alarm Safety. Rabbitt, Meghan // Parenting;Oct2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p37
Provides tips on examining if smoke detectors work.
- Young author's story: Smoke detector. Sublett, Stacey // Children's Digest;Mar1997, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p25
Presents the short story `Smoke Detector,' by Stacey Sublett.
- Inside The Nest Protect. // Wired;Nov2013, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p169
The article describes the components of the Nest Protect smoke detector.
- Change your clocks, change your batteries. // Prevention;Oct94, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p36
Recommends that when clocks are moved back an hour as daylight saving time ends on October 30, 1994, smoke detector batteries should also be changed. Recommendation from the International Association of Fire Chiefs; The lower risk that a death will occur in homes with smoke detectors.
- 'Outdoor' smoking areas face court ban. Helen Bruce // Daily Mail;2/ 1/2013, p10
WHEN is a smoking area not a smoking area?
- Smoke detectors and radioactivity. Wasson, Craig // Earth Island Journal;Summer90, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p18
Discusses the environmental effects of smoke detectors that contain americium, a radioactive substance. Original design of smoke detectors; Processes involved in detecting fire and smoke; Radiation emitted.