- BILSTEIN 5150 RESERVOIR SHOCK. // DIRTSports;Jan2006, Issue 13, p92
The article features the Bilstein Shock Absorbers which is remote-mounted and removes the stroke-limiting pressure chamber from the shock body. It mounts the 5150-series shock's reservoir directly to the shock body, as a result, the shock installs easier and eliminates hose abrasion and failure...
- Replacing Shock Absorbers. Weissler, Paul // Popular Mechanics;Dec99, Vol. 176 Issue 12, p122
Gives advice on the replacement of automobile shock absorbers. Removal of the shock mountings; Details on replacement shocks; Installation of shocks. INSET: How It Works: Shock Absorbers Don't Absorb Shocks.
- Initially DIYers need advice to install shock absorbers. // Aftermarket Business;08/01/98, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p66
Details the result of a survey conducted to determine the consumer behavior in buying shock absorbers for automobiles. Benefits of involving do-it-yourselfers in shock absorber installation; Percentage of respondents that participate in changing shock absorber; Importance of books and videos on...
- Chapter Thirteen -- Rear Suspension -- Shock Absorber. Scott, Ed; Wright, Ron; Morlan, Michael; Parise, George; Bogart, Jay // Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic, Classic LT & Custom, 2006-2013;2013, p322
The article offers step-by-step instructions for removing, installing and inspecting a motorcycle's shock absorber, as well as adjusting the shock absorber preload.
- The new wave in shock absorbers. Gordon, Jacques // Aftermarket Business;Nov2004, Vol. 114 Issue 11, p94
Features the Magnetic Ride Control shock absorbers distributed by automobile supplier, Delphi Automotive Systems. Use and installation of the shock absorbers in the Chevrolet Corvette and the Cadillac SRX, STS and XLR models; Specifications and features of the shock absorbers; Shock absorber...
- Seismic Strategy. Kupfer, Peter // Metropolis: Architecture Design;Feb2013, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p28
The article offers information on the replacement of the eastern section of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge almost 25 years after its collapse due to an earthquake in 1989. It focuses on the statement of bridge designer Marwan Nader on the construction of a structure that will withstand an...
- Ready To Rumble. SMITH, JULIAN // Wired;Jan2011, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p36
The article offers information on the 321-million-dollar retrofit of the University of California-Berkley's Memorial Stadium to protect it from earthquakes as it lies on the Hayward Fault. Over 10 miles of steel cables were installed in the walls under the press box to act like springs that pull...
- HOW TO maintain a smooth ride. Hartley, Paul // Overdrive;Aug2000, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p66
Provides tips for maintaining cab suspensions. Removal and installation of shock absorbers; Description of current cab suspensions; Process of leveling the valve.
- CHAPTER THIRTEEN -- REAR SUSPENSION AND FINAL DRIVE -- SHOCK ABSORBER. // Yamaha V-Max, 1985-2007;2013, preceding p387
The article offers step-by-step instructions for removing, installing and inspecting shock absorber in a motorcycle.
- Shock Supreme. Lita, Steve // RoadBike;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p88
The article offers step-by-step instructions for installing the new Ã–hlins cruiser rear shock absorber on a motorcycle.