- Sea of change. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/08/2001, Issue 5241, p24
Features the Durham Pine Co. in Great Britain. Reorganization of the company; Role of founder John Marshall in Durham Pine; Developments in the company.
- Millionaire action man. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p37
Profiles businessman John Marshall of Durnham Pine in Great Britain. Contributions to the furniture industry; Advice for incoming furniture industry businessmen; Gratefulness to a man called Goodwin.
- Marshall's son recalls his dad was `disappointed' when he left college to be cop. // Jet;7/29/91, Vol. 80 Issue 15, p16
Presents an interview with John W. Marshall, son of retiring Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall and a sergeant in the Virginia State Police. He discusses his father's disappointment when he left college to become a policeman, and the possibility he may attend law school. Return to college...
- Chief Justice in 1801. // American History Illustrated;Sep86, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
He became Chief Justice of the US in 1801. Under his leadership, the Supreme Court became a strong and vital participant in national affairs.
- America's greatest justice? Cusack, M. // Scholastic Update;1/26/90, Vol. 122 Issue 10, p11
Profiles Supreme Court Chief Justice John Marshall, who presided from 1801 to 1835. Credentials; Major cases considered; Role in defining the powers of the Court.
- Down and out in outer space. Stern, Marilyn // Across the Board;Feb95, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p64
Presents a photograph of one of John Marshall's paintings in his body of work titled `Space Station Homeless' which is a part of the `Social Engagements' group exhibition at the Los Angeles Municipal Gallery in California. Marshall's inspiration for the painting.
- An Interview With John W. Marshall. Baker, Rosalie F. // Footsteps;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p40
Interviews son of Afro-American lawyer Thurgood Marshall John W. Marshall, the secretary of public safety for the Commonwealth of Virginia about the influence of his father. Lesson learned from Marshall; Steps to be taken by young people to enter the field of public safety.
- John Marshall--Indian Lover? d'Errico, Peter // Journal of the West;Summer2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p19
Examines Chief Justice John Marshall's Indian jurisprudence and analyzes his decision on the case, Johnson v. McIntosh. Myth of Marshall as champion of indigenous peoples; Opening statement of Marshall in his opinion of the Court concerning the case; Christian theological foundation of the...
- Cup syndicate will try again. // San Diego Business Journal;6/5/95, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p42
Reports on Bangor, Maine-based Pact 95 president John Marshall's announcement that his Pact 2000 Cup syndicate will field a challenge for the year 2000 America's Cup Yacht Race.