- Woodworking education group officially Blasts Off at IWF '98. KUHL, HELEN // Wood & Wood Products;Oct98, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p62
Addresses the Woodlinks-USA woodworking education needs and selection of sites for pilot programs to recruit and certify the future of woodworkers. Involvement of WoodLinks-Canada in developing a US program through an Educational Forum; Efforts of the forum; Main focus of WoodLinks-USA;...
- Woodlinks Program Sets Sites. // Wood & Wood Products;Apr99, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p14
Discusses an industry-developed work-study program in the United States called Careers in Wood. Use of the program in teaching woodworking to high school students; Information on Woodlinks, the developer of the program; Encouragement to students making a career in woodworking.
- AWFS contributes $10,000 to Woodlinks, USA. // Wood & Wood Products;Aug98, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the contribution made by the Association of Woodworking & Furnishings Suppliers to the first phase of Woodlinks, USA. Information on Woodlinks, USA; High schools that have formally requested to become Woodlinks, USA, sites.
- NC State Students Mentor WoodLINKS Participants. // Wood & Wood Products;May2003, Vol. 108 Issue 6, p24
Reports on the partnership between North Carolina State University students and WoodLINKS USA to mentor WoodLINKS school program in North Carolina.
- WOODLINKS USA ANNOUNCES TEACHER OF THE YEAR AWARD. // Wood & Wood Products;Sep2006, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p30
The article announces the award given to Keith Yow, teacher of Cedar Ridge High School in Hillsborough, North Carolina. Yow was awarded the WoodLINKS USA Teacher of the Year for his exemplary dedication and unsurpassed commitment to both the educational growth of his students and their...
- Supplier Briefs. // Wood Digest;Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p13
The article states that Microvellum Inc., a supplier of AutoCad-based manufacturing and design software, was recently honored by WoodLINKS USA at the AWFSÂ® Fair in Las Vegas, Nevada. Microvellum was cited for its support of WoodLINKS USA through the donation of the company's software package...
- Mesa, Ariz. high school tops WoodLINKS/IWF RTA competition. // Wood Digest;Oct2006 Supplement, Vol. 37, pS11
The article reports on the woodworking competition that was held during the International Woodworking Machinery and Furniture Supply Fair in Atlanta, Georgia. The Mesa High School of Arizona was awarded as the first annual winner of the competition for its athletic chair. The winning students...
- WoodLINKS: An education and industry revolution. Forrest, Robert D.; Steward, Sandy // Forest Products Journal;Feb98, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on WoodLINKS, a partnership of industry, educators, and government intended to improve the quality of the entry-level workforce for the wood products industry. Development of WoodLINKS; Creation of a wood products manufacturing curriculum; Development of a `Wood-in-the-Box' resource kit...
- AWI Awards WoodLINKS $10,000 Donation. // Wood & Wood Products;Apr2004, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p19
Reports that the U.S.-based Architectural Wood Institute has donated a certain amount of money to WoodLINKS USA for support to the company's program to build a well-trained work force of architectural woodworkers. Total amount of the donation.