FIRA and TRADA relaunch Club Green initiative
- Twentysomething. Chong, P. // Mother Jones;Apr89, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
Presents 20/20 Vision, a project to help stop nuclear war, run by activists Lois Barber and Jeremy Sherman.
- 50 can-do kids. Love, Kathy; Childress, Paul // Ranger Rick;Mar93, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p18
Introduces 50 city kids who really care about the Earth. Dolphin Defenders, a church group of fifth and sixth graders from St. Louis, Missouri; Neil Andre, the man who founded the group in 1987; Ways they've cleaned up their neighborhoods and raised money; How they teach others; Awards they've won.
- Regulators turn a new leaf. Eckhardt, Bob // Concrete Products;Sep97, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p112
Reports on the start of the American environmental regulatory or green movement in 1947. Establishment of the National Park Service; Approval of environmental laws focused on public health; Protection for natural biotic communities.
- A bicycle on the road to a green society. // Natural Life;Mar96, Issue 48, p1
Presents statements on the Green Party from Frank de Jong during the 1996 general meeting of the Green Party of Ontario. Establishment of the Green Party in 1981 as an international response to international problems; Analogy of the Green Party as a bicycle on the road to an environmentally safe...
- The Politics Of Environmental Reform. Vallentine, Jo // Social Alternatives;Apr90, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p4
Gives an account of environmental campaigns which have had measurable successes in Australian politics. Level of environmental consciousness in the Australian community; Contributions of the Green Bans in raising awareness about urban environment; Why environmental movements have been more...
- Burnet to hold city-wide clean up event. Hosman, Catherine // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/29/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 35, p6A
The article reports that the city of Burnet and I.E.S.I is conducting an annual City-Wide Clean Up on September 15 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Texas.
- Beyond Earth Day. Baker, Beth // Environmental Action;Spring95, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the declining number of supporters of environmental groups in the United States. Lack of legislative victories on the Democrat-controlled Congress; Heftiness of the budgets of the largest environmental organizations; Collapse of much of the mainstream environmental movement into a...
- Looking forward: Strategies for the next 25 years. Baker, Beth // Environmental Action;Spring95, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p15
Interviews environmental leaders and activists in the United States regarding the future of environmentalism. Includes Youth Action Foundation International Executive Director John Bartlett; Environmental Action Executive Director Margaret Morgan-Hubbard; Seventh Generation Fund Environment...
- Eco-exchange. // Environmental Action;Spring95, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p31
Presents announcements that concerns environmentalism in United States. Libraries for the Future's distribution of the book `The Environmentalist's Guide to the Public Library' for free; Contact information for membership to the Association for the Study of Literature and Environment;...
- Accord to discord. Barnett, Guy // IPA Review;Summer91, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p51
Discusses the Labor Party and the Green Independents' Green/ Labor Accord initiatives. Agenda of the Accord; Provisions made by Accord; Implications on several business community.