Tobacco Market Unchanged After Judge Decertifies 'Light' Case in California
- Bear Stearns Hires Private-Client Exec. // American Banker;9/28/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 187, p7
States Mark Rhodes was hired by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. as senior managing director and executive director in the private-client services division. Rhodes' career highlights in the brokerage business in the United States.
- Bear Stearns Looks To Get South Carolina Tobacco Bond Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31021, p3
Reports on South Carolina's 800 million dollar tobacco securitization. Appointment of Bear Stearns & Co. as an underwriter; Political contributions to a pro-lottery campaign.
- Bear Stearns Refocuses Energy Efforts. Terzo, Gerelyn // Bank Loan Report;6/12/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p1
The article discusses the changing of the focus of Bear Stearns' energy efforts. The company made a key hire in energy investment banking last week while in the process of planning to build Bear Energy, its own power and natural gas trading desk. Regarding the company's trading side, two of Bear...
- Bear Stearns Beefs Up Services. Lugo, Denise // Investment Management Weekly;10/13/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p4
Report on the hiring of Betsy Bliss as managing director of Bear Stearns private client services division, as of October 2003. Consulting services offered by Bliss.
- Deutsche Hires Two Derivatives Experts. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/19/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32114, p6
The article reports that Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. has announced that it has hired two former Bear, Stearns & Co. derivatives experts in its municipal structuring group. The firm announced that Patrick Marsh, former senior managing director at Bear Stearns, would join the firm as a managing...
- Court OKs Smaller N.J. Tobacco Deal. Cataldo, Adam J. // Bond Buyer;8/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32195, p1
Reports that Mercer County Superior Court Judge Linda Feinberg has ruled that New Jersey can sell its proposed tobacco-bond restructuring and financing deal minus $150 million in debt that she said amounted to deficit borrowing in violation of the state constitution. Review of the ruling by the...
- Virginia Ready to Be First Tobacco Bond Issuer Since '03. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/28/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32121, p34
The article reports that Virginia is gearing up for a mid-May offering of its long-stalled sale of tax-exempt bonds backed by future payments under the Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) with tobacco companies of the U.S. It will be the first tobacco bonds ever sold by Virginia and the first sold...
- Tobacco Takes Center Stage; $1.36B N.Y.C. Sale Leads the Pack. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p7
The article reports on the performance of the tobacco industry in the United States. The performance was affected by narrowing spreads and signs of credit strengthening. There is no negative news about tobacco bonds so the sector is viewed as stable. According to Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc., the...
- Varied Calendar Includes Virginia Tobacco, Texas Hotel. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/9/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32128, p6
The article focuses on a $428.5 million tobacco bond deal in Virginia and a $203 million insured hotel bond deal in Texas. The tobacco bond deal is being sold by the Virginia Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. in a negotiated sale scheduled for Thursday that will be led by Bear, Stearns & Co....