Municipals Sell Off Modestly in February Amid Record Issuance
- Merrill Hires Credit Research Generalist. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p28
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. has hired Philip Villaluz, former vice president at Citigroup Global Markets Inc., as a generalist in its municipal bond credit research group.
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Across the Board as long End Rallies. Johnson, Mathew // Bond Buyer;1/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32050, p6
The article reports that all of "The Bond Buyer's," weekly yield indexes fell as the long end of the municipal bond market rallied to catch up with the Treasury market as of January 14, 2005. While the yield curve is still relatively steep in the municipal market, it has flattened in U.S....
- Citi Remains Top-Ranked 1st Half Firm. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/2/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32911, p1
The article reports on the decline of the municipal bonds of top three underwriters Citi, Merrill Lynch & Co. and JPMorgan in the first half of 2008 in the U.S., according to preliminary data from Thomson Reuters. Moreover, the top three underwriters lost market share. The market share of the...
- Merrill's Downgrades Affecting TOBs. Hanson, Matthew; Posner, Maythew // Bond Buyer;10/30/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32744, p1
The article reports on the impact of the downgrades of Merrill Lynch & Co.'s corporate credit on the municipal bond market in the U.S. According to the author, some industry executives believe that the downgrades to the corporate credit of the company have negatively affected tender-option bonds...
- California Helps Boosts Regional Issuance Over 23% From 2006. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;2/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32817, p8
The article reports on several bond issuers who have sold almost $90.8 billion of municipal bonds in the U.S. Citigroup Inc. topped the Far West underwriting chart, credited with almost $14.3 billion in volume, ahead of Merrill Lynch & Co. with $12.6 billion. Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP...
- Merrill: Some Airline Bonds Enjoying a Performance Boost. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;9/20/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32470, p7
The article reports on the positive ratings of some airline-related municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. in September 2006, in reference to the data of financial service company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. The report by Merrill cited bonds sold on behalf of American Airlines Inc. and...
- Merrill Sees Growing Appeal to Foreign Banks. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31414, p32
Reports the taxable municipal deals of Merrill Lynch & Co. with foreign banks in the U.S. Link between municipal bond and income tax exemption; Views of John Hallacy, managing director of municipal bond, on the issue; Impact of international banking on the company.
- Munis End Unchanged Despite Early Gains. SCARCHILLI, MICHAEL // Bond Buyer;5/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32875, p2
The article focuses on the performance of the U.S. municipal bonds market on May 6, 2008, which mostly remained unchanged in spite of early session gains. It is reported that trades by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board reportedly showed little improvement, while the Treasury market was...
- Y2K readiness. // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p8
Reports that Merrill Lynch municipal strategist Philip Fischer has downplayed a federal report on the Year 2000 computer glitch that pinpoints a number of concerns for state and local governments in the United States. Consideration for the financial condition of state and local governments.