MBIA Gets Subpoena From U.S. Attorney in N.Y
- Spitzer Urges GCs To Eradicate Corporate Misconduct. Andersen, Steven // Corporate Legal Times;Apr2003, Vol. 13 Issue 137, p22
Interviews New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer. Role of general counsels in eradicating corporate misconduct; Views on implementing greater criminal liability for executives and lawyers; Intervention from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and other regulatory agencies.
- SPITZER'S JUSTICE. // Vanity Fair;Jan2005, Issue 533, p116
Profiles Eliot Spitzer, attorney general of New York state. Description of his personality and character; Discussion of his family and educational background; Views of people regarding Spitzer.
- Regulators eye civil charges against MBIA. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;8/15/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the involvement of insurers in federal investigations related to their finite risk transactions in the U.S. in 2005. Investigation being conducted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's office on accounting practices related to...
- Spitzer at breakfast forum. // Crain's New York Business;08/30/99, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p18
Reports that New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer will discuss his first eight months as the state's top legal officer and his plans for the future at the `Crain's New York Business' periodical's breakfast forum on September 13, 1999. Contact information for individuals interested to...
- ELIOT SPITZER. Tomasky, Michael // New York;12/23/2002, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p42
Profiles attorney general Eliot Spitzer. Details on the decision of Spitzer to run for attorney general; Career background; Accounts on the court cases represented by Spitzer.
- Scandal Claims Two Firms: Security Trust, Veras. // Money Management Executive;12/8/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 48, p3
Reports on the shutdown of two institutional investment firms in the U. S., as of December 8, 2003. Felony charges against the officials of Security Trust Corp.; Subpoena received by Veras Investment Partners, a hedge fund firm, from the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission and New York...
- Whose Jurisdiction Is It? Birger, Jon // Money;Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p60
One question arises from Eliot Spitzer's shocking charges against the fund industry: Why was it the New York AG and not the SEC doing the charging? In September Spitzer went before Congress and called state encroachment on SEC territory" dangerous" and insisted that before going public with his...
- SEC, Spitzer Bring First Annuity Charges. Toland, Tamiko // Money Management Executive;8/16/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p1
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer have settled their first market-timing case against variable annuity issuers, with fines and disgorgement totaling $20 million. A blend of insurance and securities, variable annuities fall under the...
- Financial Products Probe Expanding. Hays, Daniel // National Underwriter / P&C;11/22/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 44, p10
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and the office of New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer issued subpoenas in connection with company purchases of insurance products to improve financial statements. Companies involved, including St. Paul Travelers, Ace Ltd.,...