Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Mostly Up, Erasing Earlier Rally
- Bear Stearns' Bob Jackman to Retire. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;2/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32326, p1
The article reports on the retirement of Bob Jackman as the head of the tax-exempt bond trading desk at Bear Stearns & Co. He has served the company for 37.5 years. Jackman was the sixth person on the municipal desk when he was hired as an assistant trader in August 1968. The department grew to...
- Bear Stearns Hires Private-Client Exec. // American Banker;9/28/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 187, p7
States Mark Rhodes was hired by Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. as senior managing director and executive director in the private-client services division. Rhodes' career highlights in the brokerage business in the United States.
- SEC Probes Bear Stearns In Chicago. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p1
Reports on the US Securities and Exchange Commission's investigation of Bear Stearns & Co.'s Chicago, Illinois public finance office. Municipal bond market offering of the company.
- Munis perk up following treasuries' rally on deep stock market losses. Kralev, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;04/20/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30623, p2
Presents a recap of bond trading activities on April 19, 1999, in the United States. Increase in the prices of municipal securities; Bear Stearns & Co.'s pricing for the Houston, Texas water and sewer issue; Drop in the Dow Jones industrial average.
- Market Flux Delays Palm Beach Schools' $124M COP Refunding. Sigo, Shelly; Robinson, Gray // Bond Buyer;2/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32073, p3
Reports on Bear Stearns & Co.'s postponement of pricing of 124 million dollar of certificates of participation for the Palm Beach County School Board. Description of the bond market.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p36
Presents statistics related to bond market in the U.S. as of August 22, 2003. Market indicators; Short term tax-exempt yields; Bond buyer indexes.
- Bond Buyer Indexes Flat or Higher; 1-Year Note Yield Highest in 5 Years. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p7
The article focuses on the factors that affects the highs and lows of yield indexes in the U.S. The robust housing and consumer confidence data supported the position of some analysts that policymakers would increase the federal funds rate to as much as 5.5% from its current 4.75%. The "Bond...
- Bear Stearns' Foran Wins TBMA 'Chairmen's Achievement Award'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p5
The article reports that Robert Foran, the senior managing director and head of the public finance department at Bear Stearns Cos Inc., has won the Chairmen's Achievement Award from the Bond Market Association on November 8, 2006. His contributions to the municipal securities market over the...
- Don't blame the hedgies. Ford, Jonathan // Prospect;Jul2010, Issue 172, p20
In this article, the author focuses on the bad reputation faced by several billionaire hedge fund managers, where they were allegedly accused of aggravating the crisis, in Great Britain. The author notes that these hedge funds executives were charged of worsening the financial services of Lehman...