Alaska Railroad Corp. Reviews FAs For Possible Tax-Exempt Offering
- Call of the Wild. Gurwitt, Rob // Governing;Feb2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p116
Profiles politician Frank Murkowski of Alaska. Reasons for his decision to leave the U.S. Senate and run for governor; His projections on the economic condition of the state; His political career plans and priorities as a public servant.
- Anti-Growth Plan. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31806, p31
Reports on the endorsement by Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski of a constitutional spending limit proposal. Provisions of the proposal; Benefits of the proposal for Alaskans; Amount of state deficit.
- Alaska Has $17 Billion in The Pipeline. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p1
Alaska governor Frank Murkowski has signed a law legislation allowing Alaska Railroad Corp. to issue up to $17 billion in revenue bonds that could be tax-exempt under a special exception to the federal tax code. The bill stipulates that revenues generated by the pipeline would secure the...
- Positive Politics. Harkness, Peter // Governing;Oct2006, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the upcoming elections in the U.S. He mentions that the defeat of former Alaska governor Frank Murkowski worries twenty-six incumbent governors who are seeking reelection. He states the prediction on the losing of Republicans in the U.S. Congress and the statehouses. He...
- Legislative Notes. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Nov2006, p217
The article reports on the call of Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski for a special session of the legislature to consider legislation authorizing spousal benefits for same-sex partners of state employees. According to the report, a regulatory proposal has been disparaged by the superior court...
- Alaska Delivers Contract To Producers For Long Awaited Gas Pipeline. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2005, Vol. 232 Issue 11, p8
This article reports that Alaska Governor Frank H. Murkowski has delivered a contract for the Gas Pipeline Project to producers ExxonMobil, BP and ConocoPhillips. The three are the country's largest North Slope oil producers who have long proposed the construction of a pipeline to bring North...
- Before the Committee. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p29
Reports that Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski testified before a state Senate committee, imploring its members to seek a solution to the budget deficit of the state.
- Frank Murkowski. Bernier, Julie // Our States: Alaska;2016, p1
This article focuses on Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski, who was elected in 2002 after serving 32 years in the United States Senate. The biographical information details Murkowski's early life and childhood, as well as how his career path led him into politics. Murkowski led an initiative to...
- Muni groups ask Senate panel to reject public power bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p4
Reports on a concerted among municipal groups to pressure the US Congress into rejecting a proposed legislation that would put in danger the tax-exempt status of bonds issued for projects that compete in a deregulated electricity market. Provisions under bill introduced by Senator Frank...