Pembroke Pines, Fla., Voters Approve $100M of GO Bonds
- N. Orleans VA Hospital Plan in Flux. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/25/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32741, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Louisiana State Bond Commission on the request of New Orleans to use bond money to acquire land for new Veterans Administration (VA) hospital. A $300 million bond issue was approved, however, the commission refused to approve the city's request to use...
- Slow but steady appeal. // U.S. Banker;Oct97, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p16
Presents information on parents' dependency on equity returns to finance their childrens' college educations while highlighting the United Stated savings bonds. Introduction of an Advanta's Edvance program; What the program offers; When the program was launched; Issuance of a $50 Series EE...
- Tech stocks still in favor with funds. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;8/7/95, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p20
Reports on the top-ranking investments and technology stocks companies. T. Rowe Price Science & Technology as the leading technology equity firm; Returns derived by T. Rowe; Description of the turn out of fixed income funds; Vanguard Fixed Income Securities Fund as the leader in long bond...
- Stock and bond funds slide. // Money;Jan1995, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p56
Reports on the decline in stock and bond funds in the United States during November 1994.
- Cautious Consumers Embrace Bond Funds, Still Shy On Equities. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/16/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 50, p5
Focuses on the preference of customers to bond funds over equities in the U.S. Continuance of investor movement to bond funds; Inverse relationship between interest rates and the net asset value of a bond fund; Impact of rising interest rates on fund shares.
- The good news keeps on coming. // Money;Jun95, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p52
Reports on the performance of stock and bond funds in the United States for April 1995. Cash flows into stock funds; Average equity fund; Average taxable bond fund; Best category.
- Stock, bond funds keep going strong. // Money;Jul95, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p52
Reports on the strength of stock and bond funds in the United States as May 1995. Average equity fund; Average taxable fund; Stock funds; taxable bond funds.
- Investors Favored International Equity in February. // Plan Advisor News;2015, p23
The article focuses on a report from Strategic Insight, which claims that net new investment to stock and bond funds totaled 56.7 billion U.S. dollars in February 2015.
- (UPDATED) Why The Global Financial Meltdown Is Like A Conflagration On A Distant Planet. MULLEN, SHAUN // Moderate Voice;8/9/2011, p1
The article offers the author's insights concerning the global financial crisis in which nearly half of American households owned stocks in 2000. He mentions that the widely-accepted notion that the turmoil is due in large part to the U.S. debt crisis and the subsequent downgrade of government's...