Rival Bond Proposals Raise Oklahoma Ire
- Oklahoma Governor Tells Treasurer To Review State's Economic Health. WATTS, JIM // Bond Buyer;10/14/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32981, p3
The article reports that Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry has asked state Treasurer Scott Meacham to review the state's economic fundamentals and find out ways to protect the state's economic interests during the ongoing financial crisis. He assured that the state's economy and its banks and...
- As Good Times Roll, Teachers' Fund Is Seen as the 'Only Dark Cloud". Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32350, Special section p34
The article provides an overview of the fiscal condition of Oklahoma. Treasurer Scott Meacham admits that the state's education pension fund is one of the worst funded in the United States. An estimated $600 million pensions are distributed by the Teachers' Retirement System of Oklahoma...
- Meeting the needs of Valley students. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/23/2004, Issue 323195, p22
Focuses on the proposition about the billion bond issue that would provide funds for k-12 schools, community, colleges, universities and state colleges. Efforts of the state in meeting the need of the students; Bond issue faced by the Clovis and Central Union School District; Allocation for...
- Appropriations OK'd. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/9/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32377, p31
The article reports on the Senate's approval of a $6.5 billion general appropriations bill for fiscal 2007 in Oklahoma. The measure includes $300 million for education and money for state employee raises. House Speaker Todd Hiett has issued a statement criticizing the Senate's version of the...
- Bond Managers Profit From Boom. // On Wall Street;Feb2003, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the increase in the salaries of managers as a result of the popularity of bond funds, as of February 2003. Average total cash compensation; Decrease in salaries on the equity side.
- Quickest Drop? Not So Fast. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33274, p9
The article reports on the reaction of the Oklahoma Treasurer Scott Meacham regarding the survey by the Rockfeller Institute of Government, which reveals that the state's tax collection was fast declining.
- Worst of Revenue Slump Over in Oklahoma, Treasurer Says. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/15/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33350, p22
The article reports on the statement of Treasurer Scott Meacham that the state Oklahoma has faced the worst revenue decline in its fiscal 2010.
- Economic gloom leaves strategic bond managers in bearish mood. Ellul, Joanne // Money Marketing;6/23/2011, p5
The article reports on the more cautious move of strategic bond fund managers in Great Britain following the unstable economic outlook of the country in 2011.
- Baltimore Eyes Debt Limit. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p35
The article reports on taking a fresh look at the self-imposed annual limit of bond sales in Baltimore, Maryland. State officials found the advantages of the self-imposed bond limit but they also determines that such limit might not be in touch with the development of the city. However, if...