All is not lost if the supplier rejects the retailer's conditions of purchase
- AMU calls for guide to safety laws. // Cabinet Maker;06/12/98, Issue 5092, p3
Reveals that many firms in the furniture and furnishing industry in Great Britain are unsure of their responsibilities under the Furniture & Furnishing Regulations 1988. Comments from AMU Chief Executive Mike Spencer; Need for trade associations to join forces to compile a clear guide to the...
- letter to the editor. King, David; Waite, David // Urethanes Technology International;Apr/May2014, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the furniture flammability regulations in Great Britain in the March 24, 2014 issue.
- An Fran exhibitors react to antidumping petition. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p2
Reports on the reaction of summer market exhibitors in San Francisco, California to a campaign to submit a federal antidumping petition targeting wood bedroom furniture from China. Claims that Chinese manufacturers sell goods in the U.S. market below fair market value; Importers' tale on the...
- Christmas crackdown on bogus price offers. // Cabinet Maker;9/3/2010, Issue 5703, p10
The article reports that bogus price offers by high street furniture stores will be outlawed in Great Britain by Christmas in 2010.
- Vegas market tax break on hold. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;9/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p4
Reports the delay of the proposed furniture market development project for the World Market Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Reasons of the delay; Request of city officials for the finalization of the agreement with the city attorney; Details of the technical changes of the agreement.
- SFC updates requirements. // Furniture/Today;1/13/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p42
The article informs that the Sustainable Furnishings Council of the U.S. has updated its Exemplary Manufacturer Requirements for home furnishings manufacturers which will be available for review and public comment through the end of January 2014.
- California regs may boil industry. // Furniture/Today;8/19/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p2
In this article, the author discusses the trouble faced by suppliers and retailers of the furniture industry after passing several regulations in California including the Proposition 65 also known as the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act and a proposed federal formaldehyde rule.
- Unfurnished business. Furman, Phyllis; Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;11/6/95, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p6
Talks about New York's furniture retailers preparation for battle against the bill to regulate the industry, introduced in the City Council by Consumer Affairs Commissioner Fred Cerullo. Points of disagreements in the bill; Comments by Cerullo.
- Letters. Jourdan, Martin // Cabinet Maker;4/25/2008, Issue 5585, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "What do you think about the regulations?" by Richard de Melim in the April 11, 2008 issue.