Home Place store opens next week
- HomePlace relies on wow to win. Mammarella, James // Discount Store News;8/4/97, Vol. 36 Issue 15, pH4
Features HomePlace, a home fashion superstores. Marketing strategies made by the company; How HomePlace differ from some of its competitors; Geographic distribution of the HomePlace stores.
- HomePlace catches wave of overseas crisis. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/12/98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
Reports that Asian investors targeted by HomePlace Incorporated were affected by financial troubles in Japan and other Asian countries. Comments from Chairman and Chief Executive of Valley View-based retail chain, Robert Hurwitz; Amount of equity the company was trying to raise; Financial...
- Home place for London opening in December. Stanton, Justin // Housewares;Sep/Oct97, Issue 136, p3
Introduces Home Place, the homewares chain run by former Texas directors Clive Roylance and Mervyn Fogel, which will open its first store in Hendon, north London, at the end of 1997. Home Place format; Home Place prospectus; Aim of Home Place.
- HomePlace tests new layouts. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p4
Reveals that in an effort to increase sales, a number of merchandising concepts are being tested by HomePlace Stores Inc., of Valley View, Ohio, as it aims to emerge from Chapter 11 backruptcy proceedings. Comments from Ann Julsen, a spokeswoman for the store; Insight on the changes taking...
- HomePlace's unsecured creditors hire Jones Day. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/26/98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
Reports that Homeplace Stores Incorporated hired Jones, Day, Reavis & Pogue law firm, to represent its secured creditors in court case. Comments from David Heiman, the Jones Day partner handling the case; Details on HomePlace; Information on the case; Reason for the case.
- HomePlace latest to file Chapter 11. Lillo, Andrea // Home Textiles Today;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p1
Reports on HomePlace of America's voluntary filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January 2001. Disappointing sales during the 2000 holiday season; Emergence of problems from a computer system implemented in the third quarter of 2000; Inability to secure alternate financing sources. INSET: And...
- Head to head. // Home Furnishings;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p26
Presents information on the opening of The Home Place focusing on home furnishings. Reference to the Edgeware Road outlet; Indepth look at the company; Comments from Mervyn Fogel, managing director of the Home Place.
- HomePlace opens two new distribution centers. // Home Textiles Today;06/19/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p16
Reports on HomePlace of America Inc.'s opening of two distribution centers in Georgia and Ohio. Completion of integrated computer and software systems; Improvement in the flow of merchandise for store managers.
- HomePlace: A stylish rookie with big league plans. Wilensky, Dawn // Discount Store News;2/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 4, pH7
Features retail company HomePlace Inc. Expansion plans of the company; Establishment of infrastructure for home furnishings chain; Innovative store events.