Oregon PUC Rejects Private Deal for Portland Utility
- Portland Decision Expected This Week. Grocer, Stephen // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;2/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the expected decision of the Oregon Public Utility Commission on the attempt of Texas Pacific Group to acquire Portland General Electric Corp., a unit of Enron Corp., as of February 21, 2005. Prediction on the outcome of the case; Agreement of Enron to give the assets of Portland...
- Cultures clash as Oregon regulators scrutinize Eron/Portland General merger. Cohn, Lisa // Electrical World;May97, Vol. 211 Issue 5, p28
Looks at the possible disapproval of the merger between the Portland General Electric Company and Eron Corporation, by the Oregon Public Utility Commission (OPUC). How Eron marketers operate; Common vision of the two companies; Tensions between Eron Officials and OPUC; Comments from Larry...
- Market dominance issues surface over merger plans. Warkentin, Denise // Electric Light & Power;Dec96, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p1
States that ensuing deregulation and competition have certainly brought the issues of market dominance and fair competition to bear in Enron Corporation's planned purchase of Portland General Electric Company in Maine. Why some companies simply refuse to view it as `just another merger;' Other...
- U.S. energy Companies Still Feel M&A Zap. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 47, p1
Presents updates on the merger activities in the energy industry in the U.S. as of December 17, 2001. Lawsuit filed by Western Resources Inc. against acquirer Public Service Co. of New Mexico; Plan of FPL Group Inc. to purchase Entergy Corp.; Effect of the collapse of Enron on the acquisition...
- Enron Sells Portland General To Northwest Natural. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Nov2001, Vol. 228 Issue 11, p4
Focuses on the acquisition of Portland General Electric Co. by the Northwest Natural Gas Co. in the United States. Plans of Northwest to form a holding company; Impact of the deal on Enron Corp.; Details of the asset management strategy of Enron.
- Utility Sale Action. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/15/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32112, p33
Reports that the private equity firm that sought to buy Portland General Electric Co. (PGE) had formally withdrawn from consideration in the U.S. Denial of Texas Pacific's application to purchase PGE from the bankrupt Enron Corp. by the Oregon Public Utility Commission; Reasons behind the...
- exclusive C Three equity index: volatility impacting energy utility equities; s&p 500 steady. // Electric Light & Power;May/Jun2006, Vol. 84 Issue 3, p50
The article reports that Portland General Electric has become a member of the C Three Indices. The company has finally separated itself from Enron and went public in April 2006 under the POR symbol. Meanwhile, Duke Energy's merger with Cinergy has been finalized. Cinergy under the CIN symbol is...
- WWW.paybill. Leone, Marie // Electrical World;Mar1998, Vol. 212 Issue 3, p8
States that customers of Portland General Electric Company with home computers has the ability to receive and pay the monthly electric bills with the use of the Internet. Information on the CheckFree-E-Bill service; How the service operates.
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;11/9/99, Vol. 91 Issue 241, p20
Relates financial and business news for November 1999, including the decision of Enron Corp. to sell Portland General Electric to Sierra Pacific Resources.