Lough Now Permanent Director of IRS Federal, State, Local Government Office
- Tax-Exempt Expert Sunita Lough To Take on Temporary Assignment. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31972, p4
Reports on the appointment of Sunita Lough as temporary acting director of the Internal Revenue Service in Washington. Provision of outreach and services to federal agencies, quasi-governmental entities, state agencies and local governments; Career background of Lough that would contribute the...
- IRS veteran looks back. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;02/01/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30569, p1
Reports on former US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) lawyer Sunita Lough's emphasis on the importance of the municipal bond audit program to the tax-exempt bond market. Lough's involvement in the program's development; IRS's focus on audits of small deals of seven million dollars and above;...
- Bond Lawyer Lough Heads Back to IRS. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;10/17/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30997, p1
Reports that Sunita Lough, a bond lawyer with McDermott Will and Emery in Washington, D.C., is returning to the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Assignment at the IRS' tax-exempt bond enforcement and outreach group; Return to the agency after a two-year stint in the private sector.
- IRS Seeking New Muni Voice for Term on Advisory Panel. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p4
Reports that the United States Internal Revenue Service is looking for a representative from the municipal bond community to serve a three-year term on its Tax-Exempt and Government Entities advisory committee. Responsibilities of the representative.
- Half of TEB's Resources to be Allocated to Exams in FY-2016. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/2/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F338, p1
Half of the Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt bond office's resources in fiscal 2016 will be allocated to examinations, and priority will be given to referrals, including those from whistleblowers, according to a work plan summary.
- Muni Participants Look to Extend Terms on IRS Panel. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;11/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31507, p4
Focuses on the request of extension of term by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) Tax Exempt and Government Entities Advisory Committee members Perry Israel and Terence Burke as of November 6, 2002. Announcement of the request for term extension in response to the announcement for...
- Return of the 'Audits From Hell'. Berlau, John // Insight on the News;7/29/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p15
Features U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Commissioner Charles Rossotti. Promise made by Rossotti when he was confirmed in 1997 as former President Bill Clinton's second commissioner of the IRS; Statement given by Rossotti on how he would reform the IRS with private-sector principles of...
- Structural Change. // Practical Accountant;Jul2000, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p20
Reports on the position of the Division Counsel/Associate Chief Counsel which will head the Tax Exempt and Government Entities function at the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- Bill Would Stop IRS From Rehiring Employees It Already Fired for Misconduct. Katz, Eric; Clark, Charles S. // Government Executive;10/14/2015, p1
The article focuses on the Ensuring Integrity in the IRS Workforce Act introduced by Representative Kristi Noem and Peter Roskam to prohibit the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from rehiring employees fired for misconduct.